Spyder Garage

Default After info on New Spyder phone, CB, & GPS Interfacing?

Hi All, I am looking to the community for a few answers. I currently have a 2012 RT Limited which I have had for over 36000 miles and was fairly happy with. My current Spyder is outfitted with, among other things, a CB, Sirius XM satellite music and a Garmin GPS. I am seriously considering upgrading to a newer, possibly a new, Spyder. I understand that the new RT Limited has a phone interface that uses your phone applications on the Spyder. I would like any members that have experiance with this feature's input regarding if this works well or must I add a separate Garmin GPS and Sirius radio. Also I would appreciate any information anyone has regarding adding, and interfacing, a CB into the audio, Bluetooth, system. I am asking because if this looks to be too difficult I may consider looking a a very good used earlier model Spyder. Thanks
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-27-2022 at 07:55 PM. Reason: thigs = things ;-)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited , Deep Marsala / Chrome

Spyder Garage

Suggest quite a few test rides, Or rental for extended testing. Believe everything after 18 has the new dash & BRP connect. I have been wrong b4 so please review
    Last edited by Bfromla; 02-27-2022 at 08:15 PM.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The video attached shows how to set up and use the new BRP Go app in the dash. Since 2008 smartphones have had the same GPS capabilities as a Garmin but with much faster processor. Sygic or Genius Maps are the two main GPS navigation apps and Rever can be used for tracking and (when fixed) for navigation. We can play any music as long as it's already active or playing. BRP is adding new apps and have promised more within the next few months. Some of the other apps are Dash Radio, Accuweather, ERS (Eat, Sleep & Ride), FOBO 2 and a few more. Very easy to manipulate with the joystick. It's new and will take some getting used to, but once you get it, its great!

As for a CB, I use a Midland 75-822 with Sena SR10 bluetooth adapter. It seems CB's are out and we are supposed to use bluetooth but until the different brands can mesh together its useless.

Last edited by Flamewinger; 02-28-2022 at 01:08 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Yes I know that CB almost qualifies as antique technology but I still ride with my old Goldwing buddies who all use CB. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kovas View Post
    Yes I know that CB almost qualifies as antique technology but I still ride with my old Goldwing buddies who all use CB. If it ain't broke don't fix it!
    I don't believe there is any way at all to integrate a CB into the onboard audio 2018 onward. You'll have to settle for a handheld with a BT adapter as Flamewinger discusses, or a J & M Audio handlebar mounted CB with a corded headset. Supposedly J&M has a BT adapter for their CB but it is not a catalog item. If you want to stay with a corded headset I don't think there is any way at all to feed the onboard audio into it.

P.S. I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiment about CB technology. Bluetooth can't beat it for bike to bike communication.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Is this app bike or model year specific?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kovas View Post
    Hi All, I am looking to the community for a few answers. I currently have a 2012 RT Limited which I have had for over 36000 miles and was fairly happy with. My current Spyder is outfitted with, among other things, a CB, Sirius XM satellite music and a Garmin GPS. I am seriously considering upgrading to a newer, possibly a new, Spyder. I understand that the new RT Limited has a phone interface that uses your phone applications on the Spyder. I would like any members that have experiance with this feature's input regarding if this works well or must I add a separate Garmin GPS and Sirius radio. Also I would appreciate any information anyone has regarding adding, and interfacing, a CB into the audio, Bluetooth, system. I am asking because if this looks to be too difficult I may consider looking a a very good used earlier model Spyder. Thanks
    You list Sirius XM satellite music and a Garmin GPS.
    Is the XM a standalone unit? Do you have it linked to the GPS?
    I'm attempting to link my Roady2 XM to my Garmin 396 GPS with a Bluetooth adapter.
    I want the GPS navigation to play with the phone and the standalone XM.
    So far No Joy.
    Any ideas?
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

I have a Onyx cradle mounted on my dash. I transfer the radio to my Spyder whenever I am riding it. I ran an audio cable back to the reat trunk and plug it into the Aux input for the sound system.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    I'm attempting to link my Roady2 XM to my Garmin 396 GPS with a Bluetooth adapter.
    So far No Joy.
    Any ideas?
    I have a Onyx cradle mounted on my dash. I transfer the radio to my Spyder whenever I am riding it. I ran an audio cable back to the rear trunk and plug it into the Aux input for the sound system.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    So far No Joy.
    Any ideas?
    Assuming you have a 2018 or newer the simplest way to accomplish this is to put the Sirius/XM app on your phone. You then bluetooth the garmin to your phone and your phone to the Spyder. The Garmin will provide voice prompts thru your Spyder speakers via your phone.
    2021 RT Limited Asphalt Gray
    Halo Skid
    Driver's backrest
    2" riser w/ F3 standard handlebars
    F4 vented 25" windshield