Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
While I can't tell you specifically about the 175/55 Vredesteins (cos they're hard to get in Oz! ) but MOST tires that size fit Spyders without any concerns, and for those that don't just slip straight in/on, it's usually a relatively simple matter of swapping the hex head bolts in the inner fender for pan head bolts; OR maybe fitting a washer under each of the fender mount bolts; OR simply cutting the existing zip ties holding the wires to the fender brackets, twisting the wires around the fender bracket rods so they're away from the tire/on the outside, and fitting some new zip ties.

Seriously, the time/effort that it takes to do any of this just to make sure the 175's fit is insignificant; just do it, I really doubt you'll ever regret it - and besides, it's probably waaaaayyyy less effort than going to the bother of changing/cancelling your order!
I installed the 175's approximately 2000 miles ago. I removed my left fender the other day to install the sequential LED turn signals on my 2019 RTL and this is what I found
frayed wire.jpg

This is the wire that powers the front white light - so Peter is correct that some re-routing and new zip ties are necessary.