Spyder Garage

Default This has to be a new record!

Went into the DMV to renew my license this morning. I’ve been dreading it for months. But as I said above it’s got to be a new record. From the time I hit the door till the time I went out the same door with my new license it took a total of 17 minutes. I can’t even get a quarter pounder with cheese in that amount of time!

Spyder Garage

You were lucky. Mine was renewed in Dec 2020 right in the middle of a Covid peak. Due to DOT shutdowns, I had to drive 45 minutes (one way) and it took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get through the line that was snaked outside the building into the parking lot - All in the cold and we had to stand the whole time. I got off somewhat easy because I am over 60 and considered "Senior" so I sort of got to move ahead a little bit. Once I got to the counter it only took 5 minutes to renew.
    Sold: 2020RT base with numerous improvements and farkles
    Previous 2 wheels: 3 BMWs, 1 Honda, 1 Yamaha and 1 Husqvarna

Spyder Garage

In Washington you can renew your license on line. You'll print a temporary license with no photo until your permanent one comes in 2-4 weeks so it's not a good idea to wait till the last minute. They will reuse your prior photo. If you want a new one you gotta show up in person. But living in a rural part of the state I don't run into any real crowds so it's not a hassle for me to show up in person.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Around here, anything to do with the government can take forever. But I was pleasantly surprised last Friday. I had an appointment in downtown Raleigh to get my CCW renewed. Took 20 minutes to drive there, 30 minutes to find and pay for parking, and only 4 minutes to renew the permit. Only thing, you cannot set up an appointment until 60 days before your current permit expires. Then they give you a date 30 days later. Then after you renew it, it will be 60-90 days before your new permit arrives. So you will be on an expired permit for 30-60 days.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    In Washington you can renew your license on line. You'll print a temporary license with no photo until your permanent one comes in 2-4 weeks so it's not a good idea to wait till the last minute. They will reuse your prior photo. If you want a new one you gotta show up in person. But living in a rural part of the state I don't run into any real crowds so it's not a hassle for me to show up in person.
    Here we can do the same thing, until age 75. Then you have to show up in person to show that you’re not in a walker or some other device that would cause you problems when driving. Here in the state of Nebraska we can go to any county in the state and get a new drivers license. A lot of people will avoid Lincoln and go to the smaller county seats. In hard times it’s much faster. Not that I’m over 75

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A bit off topic, went for an inspection sticker. Owner has a half crew, sticker could take a half hour where in the past drive in and drive out. Almost impossible to get an appointment for an oil change, they want you to leave the vehicle for the day. Not enough help again.