Spyder Garage

Default lighted bump skid - any problems being so low?

I put a lighted bump skid on my 2017 RTL now the front is very low. We trailer the bikes to & from FL to NYS so now I am worried about loading & unloading it from trailer. We have a 20' flat bed car hauling trailer. We use metal ramps plus boards on each side of ramps to drive up & down. Has anyone had problems with it being so low ? It looks nice but now I had bought unlighted one. worried about damaging it Sure can't go at an angle trying to load & unload.

Spyder Garage

I have spyder pops lighted bump skid on my 17 RTL. To load, if the transition between the ramp and bed is to sharp, then simply pull your back tires of the pull vehicle onto a block. Raising the back (rear) tires of the “pull” vehicle will lower the back trailer and ramp angle. No problems here. I load into a 38’ toyhauler, 28’ toyhauler, 24’ snowmobile trailer and flatbed this way. I have also used a second ramp on top of the main ramp. Simply goto harbor freight and buy the cheap 5’ ramps. Put them half way up your ramp and as the front wheels go up, the rear of the spyder is way lower and the front never hits. Both options will work even on 45 degree ramps. I for one will not drive with out the bump skid. Mines scratched pretty good. That’s nothing compared to what it would have been without it.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

simple answer NO PROBLEM. it really protects the front end of your spyder

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    simple answer NO PROBLEM. it really protects the front end of your spyder

Cruzr Joe
    Absolutely Joe, YES that's what it's there for. Then what did we do? We put lights on it and then started worrying all over again about hitting something with it. We'll never learn, will we? If it can be farkled somebody will design a farkle and we'll fall all over ourselves to buy it and apply it. Don't you just love it? I put a skid on mine after my first scrape. Have not scraped it since, but what'd I do next? Yep, I went and put LEDs on it, go figure. The safer you can ride the better.

Spyder Garage

I found mine could be a shovel on gravel roads. I know...if it hurts when you do that...dont do that!