Spyder Garage

Default New Lamonsters vs old Lamonsters belt tensioner?

I have about 18K miles on my belt tensioner. Going to switch out for new roller in the spring. I purchased it from lamonster (spring arm with the extra large wheel, 2 years ago.) I see he has a new one that’s red, looks like the same roller just updated aluminum arm rather than the BRP plastic arm. New roller is close to $60 or all new everything is $130 with arm and roller. Any real difference between the two? Anyone try the new belt tensioner. Not worried abut the $70 but all I need is the roller. The arm isn’t broke and has never given me a single problem. Any reason to upgrade to the new design or just get new roller?

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

I have his brp design. With large roller. I changed out roller at 20k. Will just do the rollers till the spring wears out. The plastic brp arm is very strong. Just the brp single bearing roller sucked. When I get to 40k I will check the plastic arm and make my decision then to replace it. I had Doc Humphrey's aluminum one on my previous RTS. Didn't last 10k. The arm wore out then broke the spring.
    2018 F3 Limited
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I have about 18K miles on my belt tensioner. Going to switch out for new roller in the spring. I purchased it from lamonster (spring arm with the extra large wheel, 2 years ago.) I see he has a new one that’s red, looks like the same roller just updated aluminum arm rather than the BRP plastic arm. New roller is close to $60 or all new everything is $130 with arm and roller. Any real difference between the two? Anyone try the new belt tensioner. Not worried abut the $70 but all I need is the roller. The arm isn’t broke and has never given me a single problem. Any reason to upgrade to the new design or just get new roller?
    Well, one perspective would be to just replace the whole assembly…….be done with it……..go on to the next concern. The newer version does use bearings at the pivot instead of a bushing, plus it’s prettier…..you can show your friends the beautiful anodized red arm………
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue