Spyder Garage

Default Sport Rack hole?

My Spyder, which I bought used, came with the BRP sport rack and rear backrest. I would like to take the backrest off. But that leaves a hole in the top of the sport rack.
    What goes there? Is there some kind of plate that fits the top of the sport rack and closes the hole? I didn't get it with the bike.
    Is it possible to buy just that part, not a whole sport rack, and what is that part called?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Karen

Spyder Garage

Default Sport Rack Cover Plate?

I have tried to order that part separately. It is not available yet. I wanted a spare to mount a top case on. Or other options.
    Happy Owner!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Karen,

Where did you buy your Spyder? If the rack and backrest was installed by your dealer they should have given you the cover when you purchased the bike.

Mike

Spyder Garage

My bike was a consignment sale through the dealer. I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask them if they could contact the previous owner and ask him if he still has it.
    Karen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by q-brrr View Post
    I have tried to order that part separately. It is not available yet. I wanted a spare to mount a top case on. Or other options.
    That's exactly what I was thinking about doing. I don't like the setup that I have to drill thru the tail fairing. I think having it be removable is much better. I just hope the holes to mount the bracket is within the flange on that cover piece.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS