Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

It's not about the wait. It's the lack of communication to the dealer and then to us the consumer.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Spyder Garage

I agree with you ff73148 my dealer has no idea when my bike will be coming when I ask and they don't contact me unless I e-mail them which is once a month since January. It would be nice if they told me they had it and just waiting for parts but I get no info except no don't have it maybe next month.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ff73148 View Post
    It's not about the wait. It's the lack of communication to the dealer and then to us the consumer.
    Maybe it's just your dealer not communicating? My understanding is dealers have access to a list of what parts are needed for each machine and are given an estimated ship date for those parts. My dealer was given a date of June 22 for the parts on my RT, but called me immediately when the ship date updated to late May, and I was off riding on June 1. The dealer may just be saying "late July/early August" because they've been given a ship date of July 29 (or whatever). If pressed, I'm sure your dealer could give you the estimated shipping date, but that estimated date could pull forward or get pushed back.
    '22 Spyder RT in Hyper Silver
    2022 RT , Hyper Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbronco View Post
    Maybe it's just your dealer not communicating? My understanding is dealers have access to a list of what parts are needed for each machine and are given an estimated ship date for those parts. My dealer was given a date of June 22 for the parts on my RT, but called me immediately when the ship date updated to late May, and I was off riding on June 1. The dealer may just be saying "late July/early August" because they've been given a ship date of July 29 (or whatever). If pressed, I'm sure your dealer could give you the estimated shipping date, but that estimated date could pull forward or get pushed back.
    You are correct. That is when BRP ships the part. Prior to shipping the part the dealer is not updated.
    Frank Ferrante
    2022 Can Am Spyder RT Limited Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado