Spyder Garage

Default Anyone used thebikebarn Trike Shelter for their Spyder? What else?

I sold my house so I do not have a carport to park my Spyder under. I wanted a speedway trike delux kit, but their next shipment is stuck offshore. I looked at thebikebarn.com trike shelter, was wondering if any of yall have used it or is there any other shelters yall would suggest.

Thank You in Advance.
    2018 White F3 Limited

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TheCajun1957 View Post
    I sold my house so I do not have a carport to park my Spyder under. I wanted a speedway trike delux kit, but their next shipment is stuck offshore. I looked at thebikebarn.com trike shelter, was wondering if any of yall have used it or is there any other shelters yall would suggest.

Thank You in Advance.
    I can't speak specifically to the bikebarn model .... but consider what your local weather is likely to be and then make your decision ...... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I bought a 14x8 ft trailer to keep my spyder in and I can also use it to haul it or other things in. My dealer is also over 100 miles away.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did you do a search here for bike barn? IIRC there was discussion about it sometime in the past few years.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have a Bike Barn. Got it in May when I got my 2021 RTL. I didn't have room in my garage for the Spyder so I had to find a way to store it outside. I have a concrete pad on the side of my house (extension off my driveway) that I have it on. One side is the house and the other side has a 7ft tall wood fence and a 6.5ft tall double gate I pull through to get to it. So far I am very happy with it. It comes with four rectangular metal plates that hook over the pipe frame and can be attached to the surface to hold it down. I use two of them in the back part of it and park my front tires on top of them when I pull in and it holds it down really well. You would have to blow the Spyder away to blow the Bike Barn away. I didn't want to bolt it down because I have to move it to get my kayak trailer out from behind it.

I have not had it through the winter yet so I can't tell you how it holds up to ice and maybe snow. We don't get snow that much here in West Tennessee. It is not 100% water proof. In heavy rain it does drip a little in the seems where the frame sleeves are. Only in a couple of places, and it is only drips. I have the thin full BRP Spyder cover that I put on it inside the Bike Barn to keep the drips off.

I can't give a full report of how it does in wind since i have it surrounded on 3 sides with house and fence. I know some wind comes under the front edge because my BRP cover has a couple of small holes worn in it where it is rubbing slightly against the left front tire.

The Bike Barn looks to be built like the Speedway Trike Deluxe kit. I would purchase the Bike Barn again if that helps. I looked at everything I could find online and the Bike Barn was the one I could get that met my requirements and the reviews seemed pretty good. People do say you have to replace the outer cover after several years but that is going to be the case with anything with any kind of fabric cover that stays outside.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

i also have the bike barn, bought it when i had a ryker, and now i keep my 2021 sea to sky in it.. im happy. it does leak a little when it rains a lot, not enought ot bother me and the water only getson the front hood of the spyder, console, seats, etc stay completely dry. In the winter when it snows i just brush it off when it accumulates to a few inches, about 6".. have not had an issue with it so far and i think it will last a few more years before I change the fabric. I would also but it again.

2021 Sea to Sky
    2020 600 , gloss black

Spyder Garage

You may want to check local codes. Someone on here had storage either similar to a bike barn or the actual bike barn. It appears one of his neighbors complained, and he had to remove it. I think if he wanted to keep it, there were modifications that he had to do.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I'm surprised at this .... As far as structures are concerned, if they are moveable or re-movable easily ( ie not permanently attached to the ground ) they are generally exempt from structure regulations ..... However if they are in a GATED or privately operated community, they can be regulated by Their rules & regs ..... JMHO .... Mike

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You may want to check local codes. Someone on here had storage either similar to a bike barn or the actual bike barn. It appears one of his neighbors complained, and he had to remove it. I think if he wanted to keep it, there were modifications that he had to do.
    If I’m not mistaken I believe that was MONK who had the problem with the city regarding his shelter. I believe that was one of the reasons that he moved....to many restrictions.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

My HOA would not allow one. Covenant community here.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

I’d buy a bike barn if SWMBO would allow it. Been splitting my Spyder’s parked time between up at the horse barn and in front of our house under one of two live oak trees. The bike barn would be ideal to set up under one of the live oaks. Of course I’d have to anchor it so the occasional high winds don't carry it away but other than that, it looks to be the best parking option other than a custom built structure. All that said, wifey wants me to park the Spyder in my side of the garage. I don’t want to take up the space hence the bike barn option
    2020 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    If I’m not mistaken I believe that was MONK who had the problem with the city regarding his shelter. I believe that was one of the reasons that he moved....to many restrictions.
    Yes it was, and I see he sold it.

Spyder Garage

Shelter Logic makes some good stuff. I've used them for snowmobile storage in the past. Heavy weight frames and fabric.
    John
    "some suffer from insanity, I choose to enjoy it"
    '15 F3S SE6
    '01 FLHR
    Ski Doo 1200's
    Boats
    2015 F3S SE6 , Magnesium

Spyder Garage

Thank you for this review!
    2018 White F3 Limited