Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    If your headlights don’t light up potholes and road kill in front of you as you approach, I can’t see how 5 feet of light at road level would help, Bfromia.

Pete
    I agree. Those LEDs are nothing more than bling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post

extra lighting to help you see & be seen no it’s not a bumper yes does help you see the bump- pot hole -road kill (whatever) in your path. Good investment not just FARKLE
    I disagree. Those lights have no practical value other than 'bling'.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-14-2021 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Fixed multi-quote display
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yes, the poly bump skid (SpyderPops) is worth every penny. It is hard enough to protect the frunk, and soft enough to absorb any hits.
    The LED lights are a nice addition, but I found that individual lights would fail after a small hit so you'd get the Jack O'Lantern look. I have no experience with the new design with the LED's imbedded in the plastic, but I'd be skeptical.
    The acrylic ones from Halo are very nice bling and provide a light show, but I'd be concerned that the hard plastic would crack if struck.

I'm severely disappointed that I can't get a bump skid for the 2020 and up RT.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I agree. Those LEDs are nothing more than bling.

I disagree. Those lights have no practical value other than 'bling'.
    Another ryder in our group has a lighted skid and it sure shows up espcially when he is sweep. And his name is Lou ( not quite like mine)

Bling or not---- easy to spot------

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RazzleH View Post
    Google SLiPLO and go from there.
    Thread hijack here. That SLiPLO looks promising.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FrogmanDave View Post
    Thread hijack here. That SLiPLO looks promising.
    Looks like a loser to me. You accidentally ride up onto a parking lot concrete bumper, then of course you back off. What happens? The back edge of the SLiPLO catches the rough surface of the bumper and gets ripped right off! And for the price you're well on your way to paying for real protection with the Bumpskid plate.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Looks like a loser to me. You accidentally ride up onto a parking lot concrete bumper, then of course you back off. What happens? The back edge of the SLiPLO catches the rough surface of the bumper and gets ripped right off! And for the price you're well on your way to paying for real protection with the Bumpskid plate.
    Not to me Idaho. Best not to knock something before you have some real facts, hey! SLiPLO is working for us on two cars as well as the Spyder. For those who drive over curbs and things that are obviously likely to do damage ... good luck.
    There is usually another way. 2020 F3Ltd.
    2020 F3 Ltd , Brake Pedel lowered. Liquid Titanium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Another ryder in our group has a lighted skid and it sure shows up espcially when he is sweep. And his name is Lou ( not quite like mine)

Lew L
    That may be so, Lew, but the OP was asking if the bumpskids are worth the money, and my response was that the skid itself is, but the lights don't add much benefit and may not be worth the added cost. We have both lighted and unlighted: the lighted is on Jane's because she thinks they look cool. When we're touring, she's on the road behind me and I don't see her bumpskid lights; just the glare of her headlights and foglights.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 12-15-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Guess my mirrors are adjusted differently
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    That may be so, Lew, but the OP was asking if the bumpskids are worth the money, and my response was that the skid itself is, but the lights don't add much benefit and may not be worth the added cost. We have both lighted and unlighted: the lighted is on Jane's because she thinks they look cool. When we're touring, she's on the road behind me and I don't see her bumpskid lights; just the glare of her headlights and foglights.
    I gotta go with Jane on this one Pete. The lighted skid plate just plain looks cool. I'm not one for a lot of farkles but I've never seen anything else on the highway that resembles the lighted bumpskid. JMHO, it's an eye catcher, and that what's it's mostly about. Merry Xmas.

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got my lighted bump skid from Spyderpops because I really liked how bright they are. To me, anything that makes your bike more visible to other motorists is a good thing.

There was one ride I did up a mountain road, and I had to get to the shoulder for some reason. The transition between the road and the shoulder was abrupt, and I ended up scraping the area underneath the frunk.

IMHO, I think it's worth it for the safety AND the protection factor ....
    Last edited by Peacekeeper6; 12-18-2021 at 03:02 AM. Reason: edit
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post

Lew L
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !

Spyder Garage

I ride on a lot of two lane asphalt, with cracks, and chunks of blacktop laying on the surface, occasionally i have hit one or dodged but went off on the shoulder and ground down the original skid plate a bit. i bought the Spyder Pops bumpskid and it looks pretty good yet, it does have some nicks but nothing i can't fill or smooth out.