Spyder Garage

Default Convince non-Spyder guy about tire pressures

Finally got my Spyder back from the shop after three weeks, delayed mostly because the whole family was sick. They had to balance the front the tires twice to get rid of the shimmy. (or so they claim. We will find out) And, they are auto tires. Started ryding and checked the TPS. They had 32psi in one, and 33psi in the other. Bounced like crazy on the way home. Called the shop to tell him to train his mechanics more in the ways of the Spyder. He said that 32 - 33 is correct. They need that much. If not, the tires will start cupping. I let it go. I will reduce them to 16 - 18 (will try both now that they are balanced "properly" (I hope)) as the real Spyder tire experts on here recommend.

Spyder Garage

A perfect case of you are right and they are not. It does not pay to argue with those who refuse to listen to the truth. Their loss.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Tire Pressure (auto-tire)

Tire Shops for Automobiles tires will do what they know for Car tires. Soooooo
    that is exactly what they did. Check Spyder Forum for better help on Car Tire Pressures for Spyders.
    That my Tip to You. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

18 for the fronts and 28 for the rear seems to be what "most" are using for tire pressure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    18 for the fronts and 28 for the rear seems to be what "most" are using for tire pressure.
    For KENDA tires .... He has Auto tires ..... just sayin .... Mike

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    Finally got my Spyder back from the shop after three weeks, delayed mostly because the whole family was sick. They had to balance the front the tires twice to get rid of the shimmy. (or so they claim. We will find out) And, they are auto tires. Started ryding and checked the TPS. They had 32psi in one, and 33psi in the other. Bounced like crazy on the way home. Called the shop to tell him to train his mechanics more in the ways of the Spyder. He said that 32 - 33 is correct. They need that much. If not, the tires will start cupping. I let it go. I will reduce them to 16 - 18 (will try both now that they are balanced "properly" (I hope)) as the real Spyder tire experts on here recommend.
    Both Peter and I both recommend 15-17 front ( 17 for aggressive riding ) & 18-19 for rear .... We are both schooled in tire use ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Both Peter and I both recommend 15-17 front ( 17 for aggressive riding ) & 18-19 for rear .... We are both schooled in tire use ..... Mike
    Everyone has their preference mine is 18 front 28 rear. has worked good for me and no unnecessary tire wear. Just my 2 cents.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Everyone has their preference mine is 18 front 28 rear. has worked good for me and no unnecessary tire wear. Just my 2 cents.

Cruzr Joe
    For non-Kenda car tires, right?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

28 PSI in a rear car tire? 20 PSI in my rear car tire makes for a slightly skittish ride..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Baron, hopefully they got you resolved.

For comparison, in our 2014 RTS, I found 20 psi in the fronts worked best with our Federal Formoza fronts. We run a Yokohama s.Drive rear with 20 in that.

If you still have issues, as time permits, if needed you are welcome to have them balanced here.

Spyder Garage

Gonna try 16 & 20. If I lose another 20 lbs (), would go down to 18.

Spyder Garage

I've got the stock Kenda tires on my 2021 RT, and initially put 22 front and 32 rear, just because I generally kept motorcycles at a bit higher pressure than normally recommended. After trying 18/28 as well, I think I have settled on 20/30 now. Easy to remember and gives a slightly firm ride which I like.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

For KENDA tires .... He has Auto tires ..... just sayin .... Mike
    you got me again.

2020 F3L , Magma Red