Thread: 92 MPG's!!!!

spyderlover2

Default 92 MPG's!!!!

this site has a trike similar to the Spyder but it gets MAJOR mpg's because it runs on vapors instead of liquid fuel!

Reverse Trike Motorcycle Club

its not in production! but it sure is cool to look at and also defys some the ideas that more power means paying more at the pump!
    its just something to check out!
    enjoy fellow Spyderlovers!

i wonder if CAN-AM could or ever would recreate the body on this trike, then put it on the Spyder and see what kinda fuel mileage the Spyder would get! of course the machine in the link above runs on vapors!
    still....its a pretty cool looking machine!
    Last edited by spyderlover2; 09-26-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderlover2 View Post
    this site has a trike similar to the Spyder but it gets MAJOR mpg's because it runs on vapors instead of liquid fuel!

Reverse Trike Motorcycle Club

its not in production! but it sure is cool to look at and also defys some the ideas that more power means paying more at the pump!
    its just something to check out!
    enjoy fellow Spyderlovers!

i wonder if CAN-AM could or ever would recreate the body on this trike, then put it on the Spyder and see what kinda fuel mileage the Spyder would get! of course the machine in the link above runs on vapors!
    still....its a pretty cool looking machine!
    Interesting. I find it a bit hard to believe the 92mpg. On the face of it 20:1 is less than twice the typical ratio of 14:1 (using round numbers). Yet they claim about 3 times the fuel mileage of an average compact car. I realize that the Vapor concept will add some efficiency to the reduced fuel to air ratio.

Vapor instead of liquid is a great approach. After all, it is vapor that burns in combustion, not liquid. Current technology attempts to convert liquid to vapor in the combustion chamber before ignition. But this has always been a hit and miss process. Some of the liquid does not vaporize and is unburned (wasted energy and money). Thus the reason for the Catalitic Converter.

If fuel is introduced into the combustion chamber as a vapor then theoretically, you should get 100% conversion from fuel to power. I wonder how they convert the liquid to vapor and how they introduce it into the combustion chamber.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 09-26-2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Pensacola Florida & Baja Alabama (Robertsdale)
    Spyder Garage

Default Great concept.

For a CAGE. It is half the weight of a Honda sedan but almost 2.5X the weight of a Spyder. That is the color CanAm should have used!

I am still not quite unsedstanding the low milage of the Spyder, Just does not add up.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Maybe a Spyder Hybrid??

I wonder if the Spyder is a perfect candidate for hybrid technology using an electric motor/generator coupled to a gasoline engine. With compact lithium batteries hidden in the trunk it might be possible to get at least 50% better gas mileage in the 50 to 55mpg range, maybe more. The "Y" configuation sould be able to handle whatever extra weight may be involved without upsetting the handling. Just my thoughts.