Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Spyder RT Width

I usually haul my 2011 Spyder RT on a 5.5 wide TSC aluminum trailer when I haul it from Ohio to Florida in January. I just bought a 2018 Spyder RT Limited. I assume it is exactly the same width. Obviously I don't have any room to spare.

Is it the same?
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Should be 62" wide. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Agree with Tango - both of ours are 5 feet 2 inches wide (2015 and 2021 RTLs).
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Tango and Arion: So that's the overall dimension? Not just to the outside of the tires, but includes the fenders?
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Tango and Arion: So that's the overall dimension? Not just to the outside of the tires, but includes the fenders?
    That should be tire to tire. Add 2" total for fenders (should be less that that), and that would be 5'4"
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Agree with Tango - both of ours are 5 feet 2 inches wide (2015 and 2021 RTLs).
    That’s strange, Arion, as specs for the 2021 are shown as a Width of 1554mm, while the 2015 is shown as a Width of 1572mm…….only 3/4 of an inch, but…….. and I didn’t look this up because I doubt your measuring ability…..it’s just that I had recently searched the measurements for someone going to pick up an RT and was wondering about trailer widths. The 201x RT’s are slightly wider than the 202x RT’s, according to published specs .

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Well here is where I'm at: I escape winter by hauling my 2011 RT on a 5.5 foot trailer. However I stored it in a shed this last trip. While here in Florida I traded the 2011 in on a 2018 RT-L. Assuming that when I come down next time hauling my empty trailer I can pick up the newer machine.

It was a close fit with the 2011 which I no longer have. The trailer is back in Ohio. The new bike is here. So I can not measure anything at this time. But I want to come back down and pick up the new bike. Will it fit? Any advice?
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 10-12-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by daz View Post
    Well here is where I'm at: I escape winter by hauling my 2011 RT on a 5.5 foot trailer. However I stored it in a shed this last trip. While here in Florida I traded the 2011 in on a 2018 RT-L. Assuming that when I come down next time hauling my empty trailer I can pick up the newer machine.

It was a close fit with the 2011 which I no longer have. The trailer is back in Ohio. The new bike is here. So I can not measure anything at this time. But I want to come back down and pick up the new bike. Will it fit? Any advice?
    It will be tight, but it will fit.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Well, ok. I'll put it out of my mind until I drive 1000 miles and arrive with an empty trailer. Then we can give it a try!

Seriously, the 2011 was very tight too but I was happy because I didn't have a lot of fender sticking out on each side of my truck. The trailer is narrow and everywhere my truck would fit the trailer will too. That is how I like it. Hey thanks for all the answers! I appreciate it.
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

It will fit. I have a 2021 spyder RTL and it fits on my 5ft 5in X 10ft trailer just fine!

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I feel a lot better after you guys patted me on the head!
    Ride safe!

2018 Spyder RT Limited