Spyder Garage

Default BRP and DEALER SERVICE

Oct 2, 2021

There is a lot of discussion about how BRP and the DEALERS handle warranty repairs. The lack of dealerships is a real problem for many of us Ryders. It seems as though they are few and far between. I have been very lucky to have my dealer only 11 miles away. Any problem I ever had was taken care of rather quickly ( sometimes even the same day service). From what I hear, it is BRP that takes time to authorize a warranty repair. The dealer and BRP go back and forth until BRP says its okay to repair the bike. Then, them problem becomes waiting for dealer to get the part. I think most dealers don't have enough Canam certified technicians. My dealer has 2 plus.
    Learning over my 4 spyders , they are complicated machines because of all the computers. Just like our home computer systems, when they work they are great, but when they crash, all hell breaks loose. LOL. I have never had a problem where the bike wouldn't run and I was stuck somewhere. the only slight problem was the suspension fault light. We found that the airbag had a leak and a new bag was ordered and replaced by the dealer under warranty. The defective stereo was also replaced by the dealer under warranty. My dealer ( East Coast Cycle Center, Bensalem, Pa. ) has always worked with me on service. Many time they took me right in when I had the problem and out the same day while I waited. Kudos to the staff at ECCC.
    I just purchased another Spyder last week. It is the 2021F3L and I love it. Only have about 250 miles so far, but I enjoy it more each day. The main difference between this and the 2021 Sea to Sky is the comfort . You ride IN the F3 like a motorcycle and you ride ON the top of the RT's like a motor scooter. Seating position is important since my lower back can sometimes give me problems on a long ride ( never went over 120 miles round trip ). LOL. I am a local ryder but I do need a certain amount of comfort. I am hoping that the new F3T will take care of my back. If not, I will have to go back to the RT's.

Motogordo Spyderman20210929_005418.jpg20210929_005418.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    Oct 2, 2021

There is a lot of discussion about how BRP and the DEALERS handle warranty repairs. The lack of dealerships is a real problem for many of us Ryders. It seems as though they are few and far between. I have been very lucky to have my dealer only 11 miles away. Any problem I ever had was taken care of rather quickly ( sometimes even the same day service). From what I hear, it is BRP that takes time to authorize a warranty repair. The dealer and BRP go back and forth until BRP says its okay to repair the bike. Then, them problem becomes waiting for dealer to get the part. I think most dealers don't have enough Canam certified technicians. My dealer has 2 plus.
    Learning over my 4 spyders , they are complicated machines because of all the computers. Just like our home computer systems, when they work they are great, but when they crash, all hell breaks loose. LOL. I have never had a problem where the bike wouldn't run and I was stuck somewhere. the only slight problem was the suspension fault light. We found that the airbag had a leak and a new bag was ordered and replaced by the dealer under warranty. The defective stereo was also replaced by the dealer under warranty. My dealer ( East Coast Cycle Center, Bensalem, Pa. ) has always worked with me on service. Many time they took me right in when I had the problem and out the same day while I waited. Kudos to the staff at ECCC.
    I just purchased another Spyder last week. It is the 2021F3L and I love it. Only have about 250 miles so far, but I enjoy it more each day. The main difference between this and the 2021 Sea to Sky is the comfort . You ride IN the F3 like a motorcycle and you ride ON the top of the RT's like a motor scooter. Seating position is important since my lower back can sometimes give me problems on a long ride ( never went over 120 miles round trip ). LOL. I am a local ryder but I do need a certain amount of comfort. I am hoping that the new F3T will take care of my back. If not, I will have to go back to the RT's.

Motogordo Spyderman20210929_005418.jpg20210929_005418.jpg
    HI,

I have a 2014 RTS-SE6, I have had the D.E.S.S module replaced twice( the first D.E.S.S. module was replaced on 8/13/15, 2nd the 2nd D.E.S.S module and Ignition Switch replaced on 8/28/15) both of these were under warranty. At the time the dealership did open a case with BRP. They had the D.E.S.S modules and Ignition switch at the dealership( the dealership was not to far from the Canadian Border, ) so the parts were over nighted to the dealership before I brought my spyder to the dealership. I did not get stranded anywhere when I had the D.E.S.S error issue. ( I did start the "D.E.S.S Key Code Again!!!!! thread on 8/13/2015).

Now that the pandemic is here, I know that the dealerships are having problems getting parts and etc. for the spyders, sleds, ATV'S.

I have 3 can-am dealerships in VT. ( 1 near the Canadian Border, # 2 in/near the Burlington, VT. area, # 3near the southern part of VT.).

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Yes I agree that BRP and the dealers are a large part of the problems with owning a Spyder! I have owned 3 Spyders, a 2013 RT Limited. 2016 RT Limited, and a 2018 F-3 Limited! Most dealers don't keep any parts because of low sales, thus sometimes a waiting period on parts becomes a problem! Another problem is very few people can work on a Spyder (Local motorcycle shops). My nearest dealer is 115 miles away, and act like they hate to see you coming! Once the sale is complete, you can be told one lie after another! I always serviced my own Spyders, but had to rely on repairs with a dealer! Folks, I finally gave up on the bull crap, and sold my last one and went back to a Honda that I can work on! I love a Spyder, but paying $30,000 for a motorcycle that I can't work on, and depending on Stelerships for help, with BRP with their back turned toward it's customers, is more than I can stand! Maybe BRP will wake up one day and see all the problems they and some of their dealers are causing in the United States! Best wishes with your, and maybe one day changes will be made!

Spyder Garage

I’m happy to say that our dealer in Lincoln has done a great job when it comes to my Spyder. Yes they’re expensive, but not much more than our local Harley dealer. And what goes along with it is the staff is very friendly which in my book accounts for something.

Spyder Garage

Have you considered a backrest for your F3? I rode my Spyder for a couple of years without one until my bride gave me one as a birthday present. I was pleasantly surprised at how much fresher I felt at the end of long touring days with device. Wouldn't be without it now. The only time I don't use it but put it in the frunk when I have to strap a new rear car tire behind me to take it to the dealer for installation.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I thought about the driver backrest but haven't done anything yet. I only have 300 miles on it so I want to give it a bit more time riding to decide.