Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    True or false that the BRP warranty is only valid if you get the dealer to sign the manual during its first oil change? I have heard conflicting answers...FYI, I only have 600 miles on my 21 and would prefer to do it myself but wouldn't want to mess up any warranty it has.
    Short answer, NO. With that said, the service department is also supposed to perform a safety inspection on the entire unit before it is released back to the owner. I have no clue on how that would bear on a future failure.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beerandchips View Post
    I am an RTFM guy. I agree with you about waiting. But, my question was, should I just wait until Spring which I am inclined to do. Reason is, lots of hard core "you must change BEFORE winter storage" people here. That was the reason for my question. I'm going to wait. With such low miles. I'm just not concerned about oil sitting in it until I'm riding full time in Feb or March again. Also, around here, with the proper gear, you can ride into November (for me). Some ride all year around. Not me.
    I'm a contrarian here with regard to oil change interval. I've ridden less than 2k miles this year. The oil I installed in 2020 about 4k miles ago will stay in my RT for a second winter. I have ZERO concerns about any detrimental effects occurring. The last oil analysis showed the Amsoil 10w-40 would have been good for many more miles after the 9k I had run it, including sitting through one winter.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I've had the Spyder for two months now and I'm just about at 3,000 miles. So I scheduled this service with the dealer. They said this first service is about $200, and i think its likely it will be my last maintenance visit to the dealer. Nothing has gone wrong, so BRP is not yet having to make good on the warranty.
    Man that's a great price for the first service. I changed my oil myself at 600 miles and will take to the dealer for the 3000 mile service. When I changed the oil though, the BRP oil change kit cost me $130 so $200 aint bad.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I've had the Spyder for two months now and I'm just about at 3,000 miles. So I scheduled this service with the dealer. They said this first service is about $200, and i think its likely it will be my last maintenance visit to the dealer. Nothing has gone wrong, so BRP is not yet having to make good on the warranty.
    Where in Illinois? I was quoted $400 here in IL, for first service

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralWill View Post
    Man that's a great price for the first service. I changed my oil myself at 600 miles and will take to the dealer for the 3000 mile service. When I changed the oil though, the BRP oil change kit cost me $130 so $200 aint bad.
    Why did you change the oil at 600 miles? Most of us on the forum consider that to be a needless expenditure of funds with no objective justification for doing so.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

FYI....From the owners manual:

FIRST INSPECTION - 5 000KM (3,000 MI)
    Perform all items indicated in the PRE-RIDE INSPECTION.
    Replace engine oil and oil filter.
    Check brake fluid level.
    Check reverse mechanism operation.
    Check engine coolant level.
    Check operation of control switches and passenger switches.
    Check the drive belt condition and its tension. (Performed by an authorized Can-Am
    On-Road dealer)
    Check tightening torque of the rear wheel axle nut. (Performed by an authorized
    Can-Am On-Road dealer)
    Visually check brake pads and discs condition.
    Check passenger handholds looseness.
    Check floorboards looseness.
    Check body panels looseness.
    Check operation of storage compartment latches, hinges and key barrels.