Spyder Garage

Default Quadlock vs Ram X phone holder for handlebars

August 31, 2021

I have been researching both the Quadlock and the RamX handlebar phone mount. They are both well rated and either will work on the right side of my handlebar of my Sea to Sky .
    Does anyone out there have experience with either one as to which might be better and safer to use so the phone doesn't fall out ?

Motogordo

Spyder Garage

Neither. Tackform! I was not impressed with the ramx. Tackform is the most secure and firm mount I have seen and used.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

The Ram X-mount does not hold as good as the quadlock. I've had my phone pop out of the X when hitting hard bumps on my previous sport-tourer. I ended up putting a rubber band over the phone face to secure between opposite fingers. I eventually switched to the Ram Quick-Grip that has been flawless.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Trackform or Phone Phang (Lamonster). Appear to be same thing, just different name. I have the Phone Phang on my F3 and am completely satisfied.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

If you have a iPhone 12, the camera has been known to fail from vibration. I have not been able to find a phone mount that would work with mine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    August 31, 2021

I have been researching both the Quadlock and the RamX handlebar phone mount. They are both well rated and either will work on the right side of my handlebar of my Sea to Sky .
    Does anyone out there have experience with either one as to which might be better and safer to use so the phone doesn't fall out ?

Motogordo
    I used the Ram X-Mount and lost my phone twice. Located it both times, but with cracked screens. Switched to the Quad Lock, and the phone doesn't budge. Perfectly happy with it.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I have tried all three X-mount, Track form, and Quad lock. Of THE THREE ILIKE THE Quad lock the bet.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

August 31, 2021
    I ordered the Quadlock today from Quadlock for the Samsung S21 ..I was just wondering if the phone case I have on the phone now has to be removed. I would think it does.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    August 31, 2021
    I ordered the Quadlock today from Quadlock for the Samsung S21 ..I was just wondering if the phone case I have on the phone now has to be removed. I would think it does.
    When I purchased my Quad lock, they did not have a case for my Samsun A50. So I ordered the Otter box case along with the Quad lock universal mount that sticks to the back of the case so I can connect it to the Quad lock itself. I don't know if Quad lock ships with the required case or if you have to order it seperate.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I have both a Tackform (mounted on Spyder) and RAM Quick Grip XL (on my Benelli). Both are very secure. I do like the less imposing footprint of the Tackform. The RAM Quick Grip is a bit cheaper tho..
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/29424911920...MAAOSwPtBg2gT6

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deaconmike View Post
    If you have a iPhone 12, the camera has been known to fail from vibration. I have not been able to find a phone mount that would work with mine.
    I have an IPhone 12, and have been using the Ram mount since I bought the Spyder in June. I am going to try a Tackform. One the Tackform website, they caution using a phone mount with an IPhone 12. I contacted the vendor, and he indicated that the caution was directed at more off-road style bike due to harsher riding terrain.
    2019 F3 base
    Shad saddlebags with Admore led light kit
    BajaRon swaybar
    Hopnel mini bra
    BRP driver's backrest
    Madstad windshield
    Ultimate floorboards
    CanAm Spyder accessories rear shelf with LinQ adapter

Spyder Garage

I had the X-Grip for years and never had a problem till my phone popped out riding the roads of La. I switched to the Quadlock and love it with the charge mount. I also like it because I can switch between portrait and landscape by just rotating the phone while riding.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TACK FORM is the ONLY ONE

TackForm Logo.jpegTackForm Logo.jpegTackForm Logo.jpeg
    The very best, strongest , safest most secure mount on the market for motorcycles is Tackform
    they cost no more than the other premium mounts they are made of machined aluminum NOT PLASTIC
    they do not shake around like others. I have an iPhone 12 and have not had any problems with the camera
    check out this video from Nick you will be sold on the best mount you can buy.
    TackForm Video
    GET YOURS TODAY just CALL ME 209-887-3283
    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=683358072459218
    Center bolt mount-TFENM11AR15-SPR=RT.jpgDrink holder for TackForm mounts.jpg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have used RAM X-Grip for years with never a problem. I hate cases as they cause the phone to be hotter and are more bulky. I learned the hard way to never mount anything to the handlebars. It doesn't last due to vibration.

Currently I'm using a Snap Selfie stick holder with GoPro base and attached to a GoPro buckle mount on the top of the F3 dash. Solid hold and keeps the phone much cooler than the glovebox.

EE914292-D531-466D-8F03-F38354D8681A.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red