Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I still wear the same gear that I wore on 2 wheels... tourmaster boots now, riding pants on tours and jeans when not, textile jacket, helmet and gloves when not too beastly hot. I went down 4 years ago and besides a broken leg/ankle (boot didn't save that) I had no road rash. Getting cut off on a harley is not fun I learned Rub some dirt on it and keep riding!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I am actually thinking of installing a hand operated brake lever, just so I can quickly operate the brakes while getting my foot on the pedal.
    Pete
    That is a good option, but you might try the Lamonster brake rod first. Solved that problem for me. But agree a handbrake would be nice, but expensive.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Tennis shoes. If they were good enough for Jax Teller...
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

I wear over the ankle boots or hikers. At work they poke fun of my shoes because most to the people I work with wear tennis shoes.
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

Where's all the flip flop fans I always hear about but hardly ever see?
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    That is a good option, but you might try the Lamonster brake rod first. Solved that problem for me. But agree a handbrake would be nice, but expensive.
    I’d love to use Lamonster’s shortened brake rod rjinaz….indeed, I had one on my F3 ………unfortunately, the ‘21RT doesn’t use a brake rod, and you can’t “clock” the brake lever position lower as BRP have doctored the spline to prevent it

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    One of them was in the hospital bed beside me when I last came off and broke a few things. Only one of us was able to return to riding.

Spyder Garage

I have been wearing Cruiserworks boots for a very long time. Too bad they don't make them anymore because I would love a new pair. They saved my feet when I crashed my 2008 Nomad in the Ozarks back in 2015. I wear them in case I have an unfortunate superman event on the Spyder.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Boots

I had always worn my work boots.
    But then times changed and now I wear my ankle boots.

Thanks you and have a wonderful day. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I use motorbike boots, with a quite stiff sole and additional protection for the ankles.
    It is a trade off for comfort and ease for walking when off the bike, I've in the past used touring boots that go higher up on the shins and offer some protection against twisting of the foot as well, but they are less comfy and reduce the "feel" for the brake pedal.

Spyder Garage

Yes. Presently Bilt boots from Cycle Gear. Pretty comfortable on my flat feet. Need to get the wife a pair as she is presently using my Tourmasters. We carry sneakers if we plan to do a lot of walking and change in/out of them there.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Default Boots

Boots (left over from my 2-wheel days) for almost all rides...

Ride Safe,
    Gina J

Spyder Garage

I wore Alpinestars Gortex waterproofs for many years. Excellent boots for 2 wheels. Now I'm on the Spyder I wear Redwing Irish Setters, over the ankle style. Very comfortable boots.

Spyder Garage

I recently bought a pair of these and am very happy with the comfort and the fit.

Carhartt Men's CMX4023 Lightweight Casual Wedge, 4" Soft Moc Toe
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Here in CA, I have only ever seen flip flops on Japanese sport bikes, mostly in beach cities, usually on a rider wearing shorts and a tank top. Makes me cringe.

I always wear at least ankle high boots. Since, like Pete, I wear either a 14XW or 15W depending on the manufacturer, my choice is generally Timberland or Dunham (New Balance).
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I have seen several references to the LaMonster shortened brake rod for the F-3 and he shows it on his web site but no similar posting for a shortened brake rod for the 2019 and prior years RT. I have a 2019 RTL - SE6 and would like to lower the brake pedal on it. Unless I lift my foot to apply the brakes, if I try to lift at the ankle and pivot over to the pedal, I get a severe cramp in my leg and ankle. Will the F-3 shortened rod fit on the 2019 RT? I know it won't work on 2020 and newer but I have a 2019 which does have a brake rod. Just don't know if it is compatible with the RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    I wore Alpinestars Gortex waterproofs for many years. Excellent boots for 2 wheels. Now I'm on the Spyder I wear Redwing Irish Setters, over the ankle style. Very comfortable boots.
    There must be dozens of version of Redwing Irish Setters. Curious as to which one you wear.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I’m one of only three on this thread that wears sneakers. And shorts, but that wasn’t part of the question. Lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I’m one of only three on this thread that wears sneakers. And shorts, but that wasn’t part of the question. Lol
    You can make it 4 wearing sneakers most of the time.
    2015 RTS , Black

Spyder Garage

yup, I sure do.
    Thunder's just the noise. Lightning does the work.

Spyder Garage

Bartender, this is a thread about boots, and it would have a limited audience. I really would suggest you start a new thread with some kind of “shortened brake rod” heading if you want people to see/answer your question

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Bartender View Post
    I have seen several references to the LaMonster shortened brake rod for the F-3 and he shows it on his web site but no similar posting for a shortened brake rod for the 2019 and prior years RT. I have a 2019 RTL - SE6 and would like to lower the brake pedal on it. Unless I lift my foot to apply the brakes, if I try to lift at the ankle and pivot over to the pedal, I get a severe cramp in my leg and ankle. Will the F-3 shortened rod fit on the 2019 RT? I know it won't work on 2020 and newer but I have a 2019 which does have a brake rod. Just don't know if it is compatible with the RT.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

When I was on 2 wheels, I ALWAYS wore boots. Now that I'm on 3, not so much. It is actually hit or miss whether I wear my boots. I know I should wear them, but often wear sneakers because it's easy.

I bought a pair of Rocky "Duty" boots a few years ago. I have been please with them, they have an aggressive sole, and they'll protect the ankle if the need arises.

--Exco

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    There must be dozens of version of Redwing Irish Setters. Curious as to which one you wear.
    Irish Setter Ravine

Spyder Garage

Well here we go, another debate whether to wear boots when riding our Spyders. Haven't I seen this before with something to do about tires or oil Sorry to disappoint everybody but I wear tennis shoes when I ride my Spyder. Now I want to hear about how dangerous it is to ride without boots.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I wear ankle high boots as a minimum in warm weather. They're required on military bases. In cold weather I have some insulated boots, also ankle high. My SIDI riding boots aren't as comfortable or easy to get on/off so I haven't been wearing those with the Spyder.
    Exactly the same experience with the SIDI boots. Almost 12 years old and still like new.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red