Spyder Garage

Default what do you wear to work?

I would like to know what you all wear to work if you have to dress professionally. I wear a shirt and tie with dress pants. I can (but don't like to) wear jeans on Fridays. I also don't always like to wear boots to work. I was wearing them and changing into dress shoes but that's getting old real fast. Now I'm thinking that since we don't have to put our feet down when stopped, dress shoes might be ok. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm sure I already know some of your answers. ATGATT

John

Full Moon 08' SM5, Luggage rack, back rest, Kewlmetal mirror extensions, trunk spring, hidden trunk release cable, ride-on, remote garage openers, header wrap, Lamonster's air box catch can, CHAD, NMN double play w/ LED running/signals, heated gloves (gerbing), dzus fasteners, led fender tip lights, spyderpops missing air dam, tric rings, tric fender strips, spyderpops heat shield and missing air damn, Nexx X1R1 helmet.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You set yourself up for some funny replies (I am sure they will come). I will be serious for a change:

I rode the Spyder with dressing shoes a couple of times out of necessity. In the SE5, since you don't have to downshift with your foot, the shoes will not suffer; in the SM5 eventually you would get the typical "line" in your left shoe. Be aware that it feels real hot, almost burning, in your ankles without boots. Also, I personally believe is unsafe to ride without boots, so I suggest you keep changing from boot to shoes when you get to work. Some motorcycle boots like the Axo Striker are really fast to put on and off.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD9orCDWGIw"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

3WD
    Last edited by 3wheeldemon; 09-14-2009 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added link

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell

Former Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell was (and may still be) an avid motorcyclist. I remember a quote from him years ago, which went something like this: "You can't wear a suit on a motorcycle. Well, you can, but you look like a goof."
    I keep my shirts, ties and other work-related clothing in my office and change when I get to work. That way, I can wear the protective gear that I like and which also looks appropriate on the Spyder to and from work.
    I detest ties and "dressy" clothing, and wear them only because my job requires it. When I eventually retire, I plan to have one "marryin' and buryin' suit," and a mass bonfire for the rest of it.
    I totally agree with 3wheeldemon's advice about the boots.
    Bruce

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm lucky in that I work for a small company and the dress code is casual meaning we can and do wear jeans most days. When meeting with customers, anyone from the technical (non-sales) staff only has to dress in business casual meaning Dockers and button up shirts. Those days I just drive my truck.

Having said that, I do wear jeans and short top (just above the ankle) boots every day. Although you don't have to put your feet down at lights, the heat that comes off the Sypder around your ankles can be pretty bad at times. Also, I like the feeling of substantial footwear when shifting and braking.

My 2 cents.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The dress code here is business casual, so I can wear kakis and polos or a shirt. I usually leave a pair of busniess appropriate shoes in my office and bring my kakis or slacks with me when I ride and then change in my office.

I wear jeans during my ride to work and a polo or shirt under my riding jacket and the boots of course.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Business casual and that's what I wear to and from work.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

I'm in the President's Suite so I have to dress - not a business suit thank God but work slacks, blouse or a skirt or dress. When he travels, I sneak in jeans

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wear dress shoes and dress pants....and a REV'IT or SHIFT jacket

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wear black jeans, button up shirt and dark colored sneakers to, from and at work. I do wear a helmet and gloves though.

Spyder Garage

Business casual here. I'm a flex office worker, meaning I work from different locations during the week (no permanent office), so having extra clothes at my destination on any given day isn't convenient/practical.

Most of my riding is highway so ATGATT.

Boots are Diadora; zippered side, very comfortable, and well insulated so heat's not a problem. Take shoes in the boot and quick change when I get to work.

My overpant is textile and on cooler days they work out great. I need a mesh pair for hotter days; one good size bug can make a nasty smear on khakis, as does tar - first hand experience on more than one occasion.

Spyder Garage

I have worn a suit with my Bohn Armor under my dress pants. I have worn Echo dress shoes for years so they are pretty sturdy compared to my Allen Edmonds. Great thing about a trunk is when I get there the motorcycle jacket comes off and my suit coat comes on. Makes me feel positively like James Bond sometimes going from biker to dapper. LOL
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I can wear jeans to work, but I like cute shoes. I keep a couple pair at work so I don't have to carry them back and forth.
    When I had my Harley, I always had to have boots with a very lugged sole for the traction. I like not having to worry so much about that now.

Spyder Garage

I'm in the casual work environment group and can wear jeans and a decent shirt and whatever shoes. I wear tennis shoes and haven't had any problem with heat on the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

I've got the easiest dress code to follow. I don't have to worry about if something is ironed or not, if items match or if I need accessories, if the socks are the same, etc. I wear ACUs to work every day! All I have to add is the helmet, gloves, eye wear, and reflector belt and I'm off to work in my work clothes!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I wear business casual. I wear my mesh MC jacket over them. I wear my boots (look like high tops tennis shoes) and bring work shoes with me.
    Last edited by SpyderJo; 09-14-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: clarification

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

work uniform for me, pants and shirt, kacky both

Invalid Emails
    Pensacola Florida & Baja Alabama (Robertsdale)
    Spyder Garage

Default i don't understand>>>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Frig View Post
    I would like to know what you all wear to work
    >>>>> your question! What is "work"?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Business casual no tie, but no jeans, I where Docker type dress pants and a long sleeved shirt. and Ecco shoes. I ride 12 miles each way and it is freeway both directions. I keep rain gear in the boot and wear it when necessary. No briefcase or laptop everything is at work. Not really enough time to get my foot hot I have worn dress shoes, but did not want to scar them up. Only problem is that my slacks don't grip the seat as good as jeans, so I have to grip extra hard with my knees on corners. However it being Kansas there are no corners

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frig View Post
    I would like to know what you all wear to work if you have to dress professionally. I wear a shirt and tie with dress pants. I can (but don't like to) wear jeans on Fridays. I also don't always like to wear boots to work. I was wearing them and changing into dress shoes but that's getting old real fast. Now I'm thinking that since we don't have to put our feet down when stopped, dress shoes might be ok. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm sure I already know some of your answers. ATGATT

I work on a Navy Base we have to dress professionally. I wear a shirt and tie with dress pants everyday or a suit for big meetings. I ride my everyday so I do get some strange looks coming through the gate in the mornings, one because of the and second because I'm in a suit. Yes, I wear my motorcycle boots with my suits, to get on the Base you have to wear boots when riding a motorcycle. However, we can wear jeans on Fridays if we don't have a meeting scheduled.

Don

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Huh???????????

?????? Work ??????

What's that?

Tom

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

clothes ??? oh yes... What ever is clean for the day.
    Work... hummmmm oh my.. Another senior moment.

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

"WORK", what's that????

I can wear anything!!