Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Preferred "Dash Cam"

After my close call a couple of weeks ago and getting thrown into a curb I am starting to look for a "dash cam" to capture my rides on. I am looking for something with 2 cameras to capture front and rear views simultaneously.

If it had a feature to act as a security cam that had motion activated recording while parked that would be icing on the cake.

I was looking for some suggestions or personal experiences with them.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Here's a review of the Innov C5 Motorcycle Camera from the GW Docs forum. https://goldwingdocs.com/forum/viewt...p?f=18&t=38858
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Spyder Garage

Looks good and I would be snapping it up with the exception of lacking a second camera. I want be be able to capture a 360 view around me or as close to it as possible.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    Looks good and I would be snapping it up with the exception of lacking a second camera. I want be be able to capture a 360 view around me or as close to it as possible.
    Use the link to go to their web site; they have both single and dual camera devices.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yea I went there and looked at the K5 and K3, it looks like the only motion the camera is tripped on is from the g-sensor. I need the camera to come on and record when somebody/thing comes into the field of view when parked and the engine is off.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After my close call a couple of weeks ago and getting thrown into a curb I am starting to look for a "dash cam" to capture my rides on. I am looking for something with 2 cameras to capture front and rear views simultaneously.

If it had a feature to act as a security cam that had motion activated recording while parked that would be icing on the cake.

I installed the VSYSTO front/ rear camera system on my F3L. It captures front and rear simultaneously……believe it to be well made…. Purchased at….where else….Amazon.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-05-2021 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Yea I went there and looked at the K5 and K3, it looks like the only motion the camera is tripped on is from the g-sensor. I need the camera to come on and record when somebody/thing comes into the field of view when parked and the engine is off.
    You must be planning on riding a good distance at least every couple of days. Have not found any dual system that does what you want unless you are wiling to go big and bulky and not water proof. They would also have pretty good constant current draw on an already marginal energy source.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Its my daily driver hot or cold but I don't drive on rain/snow days.

2020 F3 SE6

2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

This is the one that I use. I purchased it, like you, because of close calls. I also wanted to document my ride when I did the Tail of the Dragon.

It does have the front/ rear. I am not sure about the security feature though.

Here are a few clips in action:
    https://youtu.be/DCgqFRWQ5aE
    https://youtu.be/ZhqgAfmk03I
    https://youtu.be/Xeyi-lFTTzQ

-Exco

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

GoPro Max 360 handles all of my video needs in one little box.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
    This is the one that I use. I purchased it, like you, because of close calls. I also wanted to document my ride when I did the Tail of the Dragon.

It does have the front/ rear. I am not sure about the security feature though.

Here are a few clips in action:
    https://youtu.be/DCgqFRWQ5aE
    https://youtu.be/ZhqgAfmk03I
    https://youtu.be/Xeyi-lFTTzQ

-Exco
    Not criticizing you, but the videos you posted (and others I have seen from this system).

Unless it has been greatly reduced in quality for upload, this is not good enough video quality for pulling ID in case of an accident, and I've had better Dragon videos from a $10 keychain camera wedged in my GoldWing vent. A great thing to have no display, as some places ticket you for displays running while riding (the Dragon being one). For the price, they should have several times better resolution.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Unless it has been greatly reduced in quality for upload,
    Yes, the quality of the video was significantly reduced for upload. YouTube does a hatchet job on the files using some type of compression algorithm!

The original quality of the video is better.

--Exco