Thread: Lifting 2021 RT

Spyder Garage

Default Lifting 2021 RT

I want to lift the rear of the new RT to give me better access to spray the bushes (the RT bushes, not the garden bushes ) as I am getting some serious squeaking as I mount the RT. Am I correct that I can lift it as I did the ‘16 F3? I.e. Harbour Freight type, 2 arm, lift, position around the mid length of the Spyder, under the chassis bar, to lift the whole RT. Yes. I will have jack stands front and rear before I get under it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

You can use the HF jack you have. The balance point is at the end of the square center frame member. Watch out for reverse solenoid on the left side.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    You can use the HF jack you have. The balance point is at the end of the square center frame member. Watch out for reverse solenoid on the left side.
    Thanks Ray…….worked a treat…��
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have a quick question Pete, what have you changed on the new RT to accommodate your size. I’m only 6’ tall 34in inseam and I can’t stretch out like I could on my F3L.
    Thanks
    Sold - 2021 RT Limited, Petrol Blue, trailer hitch.

Traded in - 2019 F3 Limited, Blue/Chrome: with
    Baja Ron swaybar, 19” tinted Freedom Windshield, Lamonster LED headlights, IPS Fog Light Kit, trailer hitch, Lamonster Mirror Locks, Ultimate TallBoy Seat.

Sold - 2014 Time-Out Camper

traded in - 2017 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Sold - 2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DTC
    Sold - 2017 Indian Roadmaster
    Traded in - 2016 F3T

And a couple hundred other bikes over the years!

Spyder Garage

Haven’t changed much yet, Stangman.

If I have the size 15s right up the front of the boards, my knee angle is around 90degrees, which isn’t bad (nothing like the F3-L, but reasonably comfortable)…..I thought Lamont’s BD Highway pegs would give me more room……wrong. They are very well made, but they sit right next to the boards, so I can no longer have my feet all the way forward over the board edge. Plus, with my knee angle at 90, my feet are flat on the boards up front, so I can’t angle my foot up to use the pegs anyway. I imagine they would help someone who is 6’ pretty well……but a 34” inleg is fairly long.

I’m getting Helibars for the arms, but the only way I am going to get extra leg room is to have Russell Daylong modify a seat to be say 2” taller and 1” longer. I tried pumping an old Airhawk pad up to maximum, and it lifted me 2”, and the difference was amazing. I’m getting used to the brake pedal, but I have a mate who is a machinist who is looking at lengthening the pedal arm for me.

Sorry I can’t be much help

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Peteoz, was thinking about Lamont's highway pegs and/or the floor boards, but was concerned that either/or would restrict my leg stretch. Staying with the OEM for now.