Spyder Garage

Default 2021 Sea to Sky Trailer Harness

Installing a Trailer Hitch and Control Module (Hopkins 310-0041-559) on a Sea to Sky. The "Y" harness that connects to each taillight harness also has a single red plug in the harness. There is nothing in the install instructions about this wire. I'm guessing it's wanting power - because I'm getting nothing at the trailer plug - but haven't plugged in this mystery red wire.

Anyone installed this module on the new RT? Did you have to run a power line from the battery to the harness?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Installing a Trailer Hitch and Control Module (Hopkins 310-0041-559) on a Sea to Sky. The "Y" harness that connects to each taillight harness also has a single red plug in the harness. There is nothing in the install instructions about this wire. I'm guessing it's wanting power - because I'm getting nothing at the trailer plug - but haven't plugged in this mystery red wire.

Anyone installed this module on the new RT? Did you have to run a power line from the battery to the harness?
    Your harness has a spade connector. Standing at the back looking ahead the bikes left side harness has a female spade connector taped to that harness . You really have to look for it and there’s no mention in the crappy instructions from BRP .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Your harness has a spade connector. Standing at the back looking ahead the bikes left side harness has a female spade connector taped to that harness . You really have to look for it and there’s no mention in the crappy instructions from BRP .
    That's the red wire I was trying to figure out. Okay - this is helpful. And yeah, the crappy instructions from BRP had zero mention whatsoever. I'm guessing that's a power feed from the front that may run through a "trailer" specific fuse based on how the old models were wired.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Drove us nuts, too! Once you know, great!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thanks again guys! That was definitely the missing piece. And it was indeed buried under tape. I also find it interesting the BRP setup doesn't turn on the trailer lights without the bike running. I've only done after market harnesses before - and they were all wired to be on with the key like the bike running lights. Just found it interesting - have to start the bike to check the lights.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black