Spyder Garage

Default No sound from phone to speakers 2021 F3L

My phone says its connected to BRP connect for audio, but can't get any sound to speakers, volume is all the way up on phone. It worked previously. I'm getting sound from I pod when using pin connector and aux. Radio works fine too.

Spyder Garage

do you use a phone holder? if so, check and see if it is pinching your volume down button on the side of your phone. I had to adjust mine for that reason. Hope it's that simple for you.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    do you use a phone holder? if so, check and see if it is pinching your volume down button on the side of your phone. I had to adjust mine for that reason. Hope it's that simple for you.
    Not that simple unfortunately

Spyder Garage

Just to double check the basics. You do not tell us what type of phone you have, Android or Iphone. You also do not tell us which phone volume is all the way up. There are multiple volume levels on a phone.

For an android phone. That's what I have. Connect the phone by BT but do not plug in the usb cable. When it has connected. Turn up the volume on the phone using it's volume button. The volume bar should appear saying. BRP Connect Media or something like that. A notice may also pop up on your phone saying something like: Listening to too high a volume can damage your hearing, blah ,blah. Answer the notice to allow the volume to be turned up. Then turn the volume up all the way.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Just to double check the basics. You do not tell us what type of phone you have, Android or Iphone. You also do not tell us which phone volume is all the way up. There are multiple volume levels on a phone.

For an android phone. That's what I have. Connect the phone by BT but do not plug in the usb cable. When it has connected. Turn up the volume on the phone using it's volume button. The volume bar should appear saying. BRP Connect Media or something like that. A notice may also pop up on your phone saying something like: Listening to too high a volume can damage your hearing, blah ,blah. Answer the notice to allow the volume to be turned up. Then turn the volume up all the way.
    I have an android phone and I do turn the speaker volume all the way up. Music was playing fine, through the speakers on the bike, from the phone, for the first 1000 mi, now silent.

Spyder Garage

Just to be clear. I am not talking about the phone speaker volume. I am talking about the BRP Connect Media volume on your phone. They are not the same. Also I have to answer the notice on my phone every time it is power cycled or I can't hear it.

PS maybe I can explain this better. The volume buttons on your phone are case sensitive. When the phone is on standby. Pressing the volume buttons controls the ringer volume. During a call. They control the speaker volume during phone call. When a headset is being used. They control the volume for the headset. Every BT device has it's own volume level and are controlled by the volume buttons when you are using them.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Just to be clear. I am not talking about the phone speaker volume. I am talking about the BRP Connect Media volume on your phone. They are not the same. Also I have to answer the notice on my phone every time it is power cycled or I can't hear it.

PS maybe I can explain this better. The volume buttons on your phone are case sensitive. When the phone is on standby. Pressing the volume buttons controls the ringer volume. During a call. They control the speaker volume during phone call. When a headset is being used. They control the volume for the headset. Every BT device has it's own volume level and are controlled by the volume buttons when you are using them.
    Sure enough, the media volume was off. Problem solved Thank you: