Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,244 of 1244
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Years ago when I visited Rolls Royce in England they told me they don't buy hides from America. Too many scars from barb wire scratches!
    Lots of open range here in the desert. A few years ago, in my 4 wheeling/off-road riding days, often came upon cattle wandering around. Most had cactus spines sticking out around their nose and mouth. And lots of Cholla cactus balls stuck all over. It looked painful but the cows didn't seem to mind. Guess their hides would look like pin cushions
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

image_9624683F-5214-4509-AAF8-89047CE478BC.jpg

Being an election year isn’t helping either.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

IMG_0646.jpg

Indeed

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    x 2 and will add an "Oh My."

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    I resemble that remark.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

How true this is! I recently moved to Oklahoma where it seems like there is a Dollar General on every corner!

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016,SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera, Show Chrome Back Rest,
    Show Chrome Hitch. Leesure-lite trailer, Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames, BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors,
    DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs, DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags,
    Method to open Frunk and seat without using key, LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod

Spyder Garage

Last year they built one near where I live.
    I know of at least one accident that has occurred when someone pulled out of their parking lot in front of oncoming traffic.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    How true this is! I recently moved to Oklahoma where it seems like there is a Dollar General on every corner!
    x 2 for Arkansas

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When we tour thru the SE, we keep count of the Dollar Stores we pass. They're the General Stores++ of the past.

Hmm, I may build a route to connect as many as possible in a day or 3.
    Last edited by RayBJ; 05-19-2024 at 09:31 PM.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    When we tour thru the SE, we keep count of the Dollar Stores we pass. They're the General Stores++ of the past.

Hmm, I may build a route to connect as many as possible in a day or 3.
    A slight digression but a similar vein. Does anyone remember the Wall Drug signs (like burma shave) and on old semi trucks, and old trailers ???? Back in 1984, our first trip to the Black Hills across SD from MN. The signs started in MN near the border. We counted over 350 Wall Drug signs between MN and Wall Drug. As the years progress the signs were fewer, but I would be interested in the current count. Any takers ????

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    A slight digression but a similar vein. Does anyone remember the Wall Drug signs (like burma shave) and on old semi trucks, and old trailers ???? Back in 1984, our first trip to the Black Hills across SD from MN. The signs started in MN near the border. We counted over 350 Wall Drug signs between MN and Wall Drug. As the years progress the signs were fewer, but I would be interested in the current count. Any takers ????
    As of December 2021 Google says:

"...about 300 signs officially maintained by the company, all along or nearby the I-90 corridor across South Dakota, Wyoming and western Minnesota."

Pictures of your counting trip would be nice.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    As of December 2021 Google says:

"...about 300 signs officially maintained by the company, all along or nearby the I-90 corridor across South Dakota, Wyoming and western Minnesota."

Pictures of your counting trip would be nice.
    No pictures of the sign survey. We were driving a Yamaha Venture in those days. I did take a LOT of pictures of the Badlands, Wall Drug, and Mt. Rushmore. Remember cameras with film and actual photo's. ???? The pictures are packed away ?somewhere? But I have no way of putting them up on the site.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Remember cameras with film and actual photo's. ???? The pictures are packed away ?somewhere? But I have no way of putting them up on the site.
    Not long ago I gathered up all my printed pictures from my 35mm days, and went through them for the ones I wanted to keep.
    What triggered that was one of my sisters sending me a VHS tape they took at my college graduation, and my trying to figure out how to transfer it to digital.
    I also had a couple of cassette tape recordings of our father.

And I found iMemories.com.

You send them your photos, videos, even movie film and they will digitize it, and even return the originals to you.

They won't transfer copyrighted materials, so if you have an old VHS movie you bought, but don't have a VHS player anymore you're out of luck.

So I did all that, and selected the Digital Download option, useful only if you have high speed internet and a good amount of storage on your computer.
    They can also copy it to USB thumb drives, which they charge extra for, or burn everything to a DVD to Blu-ray disc, for another charge.

After downloading everything to an external hard drive, I bought some USB thumb drives, copied everything to the USB drives, and sent the copies to my sisters.

And of course once they're digital you can post them here.

As for the Wall Drug signs, try Google Image Search for: wall drug signs south dakota
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee

Spyder Garage

If you have a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints genealogy center near you, they have machines there that you can use to digitize films and photos to your own thumb drive or to Google Drive. If they are real busy you may have a time limit on how long you can use a machine but otherwise there is no limit. There is no charge, and anyone can use the service. They will also give you a little training if you need it. If you have a large chapel or Temple near you, there is frequently a genealogy center attached. Check your phone book under Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Disclaimer: Yes, I am a member, but this is just for informational purposes only.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze