Spyder Garage

Default The Elite RT5

Ken Miller
    Lamont Bryden
    Daniel Bastien
    Marc Pukos
    Fredrick John Rau
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    Ken Miller
    Lamont Bryden
    Daniel Bastien
    Marc Pukos
    Fredrick John Rau
    Who will put the most miles on during the "Test"?
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Who will put the most miles on during the "Test"?
    Our very own Lamonster -
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Ken Miller
    Lamont Bryden
    Daniel Bastien
    Marc Pukos
    Fredrick John Rau
    Any idea who the other 4 guys are???

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ken Miller
    Lamont Bryden
    Daniel Bastien
    Marc Pukos
    Fredrick John Rau
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Ken Miller; AKA: ken5517 / Wish Again, California Guy. Only one who went to Spyder in the Smokies last year.
    Marc Pukos; runs SpyderTalk
    Daniel Bastien; I don't know him
    Fredrick John Rau; I think he is form Quebec, But I'm not sure.

Spyder Garage

In the automotive industry it is customary to give loaners to "opinion leaders". This can be a highly effective marketing tool. They have been doing it for decades.

I am delighted that our own guru has been chosen for this role. There is no one more influential in the Spyder community than Lamont. His credibility and authority are derived from his honesty and integrity. He was born a motor-head (manifest at age 3 1/2) and is a master mechanic with outstanding experience with all kinds of motorcycles. He loves motorcycles. It is in his DNA.

All members of the Spyder community will benefit from Lamont's straight-talk analysis and commentary. We know he can be trusted to tell us the truth.

We are about to enter into a journey of discovery in which we will learn everything there is to know about the RT models, as described by our friend.
    Last edited by WaltH; 09-03-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Registered Users Ken5517 / Wish Again's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tjfischer View Post
    Ken Miller; AKA: ken5517 / Wish Again, California Guy. Only one who went to Spyder in the Smokies last year.
    Marc Pukos; runs SpyderTalk
    Daniel Bastien; I don't know him
    Fredrick John Rau; I think he is form Quebec, But I'm not sure.
    This will help with one of the I don't know statement

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/Co...1-d2943d270750

He is in Hemet, Ca. - I think

Dan is maybe from Quebec or on that side of the border

Spyder Garage

Default Hey BRP if you want to make it 6...

You could send one of those fully decked out ones to Michigan. I could ride it all winter for you and give you a full synopsis of how it holds up in all types of weather. I have ridden at least one day of each month and usually many more than that, every single month since March 2008 when we got our spyders. So if you are watching BRP, just let me know....LOL
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Default What!?

Ken Miller
    Lamont Bryden
    Daniel Bastien
    Marc Pukos
    Fredrick John Rau
    "Daniel Bastien" is NOT how my name is spelled. A terrible mistake has been made.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    "Daniel Bastien" is NOT how my name is spelled. A terrible mistake has been made.

Tom

I'd sue!
    '08 SE5 #123 - Red - F1 Slider - BRP Comfort Seat - Spyder City 3" Riser

Invalid Emails
    Pensacola Florida & Baja Alabama (Robertsdale)
    Spyder Garage

Default Fred Rau

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Seems like he has been writing about Motorcycles almost as long as I have been reading!

Spyder Garage

Hey BRP if are looking for any test riders down here in Oz I might know someone who might be interested
    Andrew Gaze
    2008 Full Moon SM5 PE#979

I am one very happy owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I can't believe they forgot about me. What a shame.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bersquack View Post
    I can't believe they forgot about me. What a shame.
    They forgot me too.

I guess it will just be 6 months longer until we bring out any RT items, as we got to get one first to be able to make any new goodies for it.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Ken Miller
    Lamont Bryden
    Daniel Bastien
    Marc Pukos
    Fredrick John Rau
    Now I don't mean this out of any disrespect, just want to know qualifications before I listen their reviews. I know why Lamont, Marc, and John Rau are testing, but does anyone know why the other two gentlemen where chosen? Hope I am asking this right.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    They forgot me too.

I guess it will just be 6 months longer until we bring out any RT items, as we got to get one first to be able to make any new goodies for it.

MM
    1st Congrats to all 5.
    Maybe if you rented a in LA instead of a Harley you would have been 1 of the lucky five

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    You could send one of those fully decked out ones to Michigan. I could ride it all winter for you and give you a full synopsis of how it holds up in all types of weather. I have ridden at least one day of each month and usually many more than that, every single month since March 2008 when we got our spyders. So if you are watching BRP, just let me know....LOL
    I would just like to add a few more reasons why I would make a good number 6. Let's see, how about at least one female test rider, hmmm? Also, both Brian and I own and ride a spyder so we could be a test couple, two for the price of one kind of thing. We both have high mileage and have been to Valcourt, Gatlinburg and LA. BRP are you watching!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by czdaryle View Post
    Now I don't mean this out of any disrespect, just want to know qualifications before I listen their reviews. I know why Lamont, Marc, and John Rau are testing, but does anyone know why the other two gentlemen where chosen? Hope I am asking this right.
    czdaryle,
    I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think this may be your answer. I believe Daniel runs an active forum in Quebec. As the company resides in Quebec and there are an awful lot of spyders there, that definitely makes perfect sense. Ken has been riding his spyder since the beginning and has had a relationship with BRP as an active spyder rider and forum member. He came from CA to Gatlinburg last year. He participates in at least 3 different spyder forums that I know of and his regional club "West Coast Spyders" is one of the largest active clubs that I know of. I hope that answers your questions about why those "other" guys.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

czdaryle,
    I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think this may be your answer. I believe Daniel runs an active forum in Quebec. As the company resides in Quebec and there are an awful lot of spyders there, that definitely makes perfect sense. Ken has been riding his spyder since the beginning and has had a relationship with BRP as an active spyder rider and forum member. He came from CA to Gatlinburg last year. He participates in at least 3 different spyder forums that I know of and his regional club "West Coast Spyders" is one of the largest active clubs that I know of. I hope that answers your questions about why those "other" guys.
    Deb, you are right on!
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I'm with Deb. What, no female perspective??

I'd be happy to volunteer!! Hubby even likes to ryde pillion so we'd give the two up test!!!

Congrats to those chosen!! Happy Spyder ryding!!!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    1st Congrats to all 5.
    Maybe if you rented a in LA instead of a Harley you would have been 1 of the lucky five
    ...and how taking it up the butt from some rental company in LA would that have made it better? Was it not enough I spent all the money to send 3 NMN people out there with airfare, payroll, meals, hotels, rental cars to support the event?

This is a real sore topic for me after seeing the list of who is getting one. All I can say is... unless you want to open up a whole can of whoop as$ don't go there.

Only making more Spyder items than anybody else in the world now does to help Spyder owners enjoy or even in some cases even buy one (do you know how many dealers have told us that they only made the sale AFTER someone tried a Spyder with risers, as they weren't going to buy one because of the too low hand position) If BRP can't see the value in getting me one early than oh well.(and yes we do make a profit selling these items, it's how I feed my family thank you)

That and not to mention in the last 14 months we have spent over $70k on BRP products! Here's the short list, SE5 Spyder, SM5 Spyder , 2008 RXT-X Sea-doo, a 2009 RXT-IS Sea Doo, a 2009 GTX-IS Sea-Doo and another 2009 RXT-X Sea Doo not to mention all the past years BRP products! Why if you cut me I bleed BRP yellow! So, I also think I fall into the "great customer" box too. But, it is what it is, so we'll just wait till ours comes in months from now to get started.

Bitter, I'm not bitter? Well maybe just a bit. LOL

MM

Spyder Garage

Maybe BRP is just jealous of you because your accessories, etc. are WAY better than theirs!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[quote=Magic Man;139251 Was it not enough I spent all the money to send 3 NMN people out there with airfare, payroll, meals, hotels, rental cars to support the event?

Only making more Spyder items than anybody else in the world now does to help Spyder owners enjoy or even in some cases even buy one (do you know how many dealers have told us that they only made the sale AFTER someone tried a Spyder with risers, as they weren't going to buy one because of the too low hand position) If BRP can't see the value in getting me one early than oh well.(and yes we do make a profit selling these items, it's how I feed my family thank you)

MM[/quote]

I would have to agree, you guys should have gotten one. Its the aftermarket products that keep us tinkering with these things. BRP should know this. I have seen a few companies offering anyone exhausts/upgrades/stuff if they sent thier new quad to them so they had one to use for R&D of parts. BRP should have jumped on the chance to get one out to you so you could get a head start.
    Just my 02 cents though

Spyder Garage

czdaryle,
    thanks...that answers that

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Maybe BRP is just jealous of you because your accessories, etc. are WAY better than theirs!
    You see I never saw it as an us against them kind of thing.

I always thought it was something that was good for both companies? But maybe you have a point I had not thought of?

I just thought after all the years in powersports BRP (who I know does this with sleds and watercraft) would see the value in the excitement aftermarket parts allow owners to have as they make their Spyder "their own" with the custom things they can do to it. To, (like they do with sleds and watercraft) let one of the aftermarket companies get a look at one of these a bit early.

Just like HD has seen for years (just look at the size of their custom parts catalog) people love to change/ mod/ customize their rides.

I just always thought we were all wanting the same thing for the Spyder? For people to love, ride and "make their Spyder their own" while being safe and having fun doing it?

So, looks like we'll drop another 30K by the time we get our RT with the trailer, and bring up the total to 100K spent with BRP in less than 2 years.

But good customers like this grow on trees so why would it matter to BRP who we are, or what we do with the Spyder market.

You know, the more I think about I guess I am bitter.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 09-03-2009 at 09:59 AM.