Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Top Speed after upgrades... or downgrades :)

Spyder Garage

I dunno Martin.... I reckon it's not the cat delete, it's just cos you took the fenders off!!

Try a run back the other way with the fenders back on, and see what that tells you?!

Or is it just that you're running slightly differently sized tires now, so your speedo is reading juuust a touch differently?! Back when you had the old tires on, the speedo was reading a little fast & the odo would've been reporting that you'd done a tad more kms than you'd truly done - now with the different sized tires the speedo's not reading quite so fast & the kms reported travelled by the odo are a bit longer than they were before, plus a bit closer to reality?!? Maybe you need an accurately measured distance (ie, NOT your Spyder's odometer! ) and a way to time how long it takes to travel that distance
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Awesome video as usual, Martin!
    80,000 km with you riding, that is quite a durability test! Great to see the bike holding up so well over time even with your VERY inspired riding style.

Spyder Garage

Great points my friend.. however i think,,, hmmm.. i think the tires are the same size just a supr super tiny diff.. the radial overall is the same... plus i know the result before coz this happen really like 4 years ago when I change to Lamonster pipe and back then i have had stock tires and also fenders ) but you know what I will go back to 15inch and lets see just for fun... however continue my story - top speed has disappear... but its all fine and always, its just point of view of one crazy dude from Eastern Europe
    But at least i wgot us talking and thinking and laughing sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I dunno Martin.... I reckon it's not the cat delete, it's just cos you took the fenders off!!

Try a run back the other way with the fenders back on, and see what that tells you?!

Or is it just that you're running slightly differently sized tires now, so your speedo is reading juuust a touch differently?! Back when you had the old tires on, the speedo was reading a little fast & the odo would've been reporting that you'd done a tad more kms than you'd truly done - now with the different sized tires the speedo's not reading quite so fast & the kms reported travelled by the odo are a bit longer than they were before, plus a bit closer to reality?!? Maybe you need an accurately measured distance (ie, NOT your Spyder's odometer! ) and a way to time how long it takes to travel that distance

Spyder Garage

and if i will do the 100k challange everybody will be saying that is crazy... so far what I did, its nothing compared to what I am planing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    Awesome video as usual, Martin!
    80,000 km with you riding, that is quite a durability test! Great to see the bike holding up so well over time even with your VERY inspired riding style.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't mind betting you've bent your speedo needle from previous runs and screwed with nanna's brain.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Agree, sometimes sound of the exhaust note does matter.

Regarding the cat bypass pipe, do you run the bypass with a baffle installed or straight thru with no baffle?

Regarding the RLS cat back you are running, is that a baffled exhaust or straight thru?

I cut open a stock 1330 RT series muffler, it is a chambered design, similar in some ways to a Flowmaster. The photos I have seen of the inside of the oem first muffler, indicate it is very free flowing, but chambered.

Spyder Garage

Thanks. Love the video!!! Brought a smile to my day. Keep it coming.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

I dunno..i think you need to tune it again.. I can run up to 117 like nothing and then it ticks over to 123mph and holds..It should have more top end..sounds like a chance to try the PV3..good stuff as usual..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I dunno..i think you need to tune it again.. I can run up to 117 like nothing and then it ticks over to 123mph and holds..It should have more top end..sounds like a chance to try the PV3..good stuff as usual..
    As a tester of the original ECU flash, it was determined that there is speed restrictions constructed in layers between the main fuel ECU and the transmission ECU. In speed runs it was determined that 1st through 3rd gear have no restrictions and the flash delivered full power. However, in 4th gear the 2 ECUs start to limit you fun a little bit. 5th gear gets even more noticeable on the dyno. And finally, 6th gear is totally put to sleep from communications between the ECUs starting at 117 mph. The project to solve this riddle was scrapped as there is over 30,000 lines of code communication between the ECUs which would require hours of testing on the transmission ECU. Each time a correction or change was attempted on the transmission ECU something negative would happed with the fueling ECU. This went back and forth until the project was scrapped. As I understand there was progress made in this area by a company in Japan??
    This is the best I can explain something that I'm not qualified to understand.
    Dennis

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis in Lodi View Post
    As a tester of the original ECU flash, it was determined that there is speed restrictions constructed in layers between the main fuel ECU and the transmission ECU. In speed runs it was determined that 1st through 3rd gear have no restrictions and the flash delivered full power. However, in 4th gear the 2 ECUs start to limit you fun a little bit. 5th gear gets even more noticeable on the dyno. And finally, 6th gear is totally put to sleep from communications between the ECUs starting at 117 mph. The project to solve this riddle was scrapped as there is over 30,000 lines of code communication between the ECUs which would require hours of testing on the transmission ECU. Each time a correction or change was attempted on the transmission ECU something negative would happed with the fueling ECU. This went back and forth until the project was scrapped. As I understand there was progress made in this area by a company in Japan??
    This is the best I can explain something that I'm not qualified to understand.
    Dennis
    wow, thanks for the response as it explains how my spyder performs exactly. It would be nice to see a tuner completely unlock the ECUs...If you catch it wrong a minivan will give you a run for your money and I find it laughable now. At first I'm like what is wrong with this thing..I can understand why the tuning is there as the average person would be terrified of a spyder at full power in the higher gears and honesty the stock setup would be dangerous.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    wow, thanks for the response as it explains how my spyder performs exactly. It would be nice to see a tuner completely unlock the ECUs...If you catch it wrong a minivan will give you a run for your money and I find it laughable now. At first I'm like what is wrong with this thing..I can understand why the tuning is there as the average person would be terrified of a spyder at full power in the higher gears and honesty the stock setup would be dangerous.
    It's even more restricted for the RT. At 105 mph an RT really starts to drop off. By 112 mph the show is basically over. Yes it does manage to reach higher speeds if you are going down hill and have a couple of miles of open road.