Spyder Garage

Default Need GPS to fit Garmin mount 2017 F3 limited

Need to locate a GPS unit that is compatible with the attached Garmin mount. I'm hoping to find one used or at least know the model number that I need to purchase. Karen and I enjoy get out and seeing the sites however, if I'm on the DRZ SM and she's on her spyder, we have an interesting time finding our way back home. I think it's now time to get a nice GPS for her bike. We purchased the F3 used and the GPS unit did not come with it. Thanks for all your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Supporting wife Karen

Spyder Garage

The GPS cradle looks like the one for a Zumo 590/595 which would be the BRP GPS for MY2017, the 590LM that is. The 590/595 is a pricey device but an excellent one IMO as a 590 owner. If you purchase one I strongly recommend getting a Kradellock from Robert Becker Designs, https://robertbeckerdesign.com/gps-locks/zumo-590-595/. The Kradellock fits between the GPS cradle and the mount and comes with the longer screws to accommodate the thickness of the lock. With the Kradellock I leave my GPS on the Spyder all the time except when overnighting at motels on tour.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    The GPS cradle looks like the one for a Zumo 590/595 which would be the BRP GPS for MY2017, the 590LM that is. The 590/595 is a pricey device but an excellent one IMO as a 590 owner. If you purchase one I strongly recommend getting a Kradellock from Robert Becker Designs, https://robertbeckerdesign.com/gps-locks/zumo-590-595/. The Kradellock fits between the GPS cradle and the mount and comes with the longer screws to accommodate the thickness of the lock. With the Kradellock I leave my GPS on the Spyder all the time except when overnighting at motels on tour.
    Great info sir. I'm looking at some places on line. Thanks for the heads up about the lock. Yes, they are pricy but got to do what ya got to do.
    Supporting wife Karen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Darmie View Post
    Great info sir. I'm looking at some places on line. Thanks for the heads up about the lock. Yes, they are pricy but got to do what ya got to do.

PM sent.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for viewing the post. Cooperman came through and we are excited.
    Supporting wife Karen

Spyder Garage

Hi all, someday I will be selling my 2016 Spyder RTS that has a Garmin Zumo 570 and mount with locking plate. My question is should I keep the “570” and locking plate for my next new Spyder RT? or let it go with the one I’m selling? I know Lamonster is selling the new and improved Garmin and mount for the new Spyder. I really haven’t used it for it’s full potential. But like watching the “little moving Spyder” showing where I’m at. What’s your thoughts?
    2016 Spyder RT-S Special Series (black)
    Garmin Zumo 590 GPS with Mounting Kit & Locking Plate
    Battery Tender Jr
    Full & Half Covers
    Foam Grip Covers
    NBV Highway Brackets with Black Dually Trident ISO Pegs
    3- Piece Lid Net Set
    Baja Ron Sway Bar with Aluminum End Links
    Magic Mirror’s
    Doc’s Vibration Damper
    Air Ryde Rock Armour Cup
    Missing Belt Guard
    Dual USB Charger with Digital Voltmeter Rocker Switch
    IPS Axel Caps Front (inner) & Rear
    GoldPlugs MP-01 & MP-18
    Yuasa YTX24HL-BS Battery
    Battery Post Risers
    Tie Down Rings
    Show Chrome Rear Trunk Shock
    2- Beaded Seat Cushions
    Tinted Sport Windshield & Side Cargo Bag Set (stored in a box)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderglide View Post
    Hi all, someday I will be selling my 2016 Spyder RTS that has a Garmin Zumo 570 and mount with....
    What’s your thoughts?
    Hi Spyderglide, since this is Donnie's WTB advert (and in our Rules, we do ask that you don't try to hijack anyone else's threads with off-topic posts ) you probably should start your own thread asking your question & put it in the Spyder General Discussion area. While you're at it, Please try to briefly ask your question in the title so that potential readers have some idea of what you are after, and so that anyone searching in the future will be able to see what the thread is about too! . Something like 'Should I keep my Garmin 570 for my next Spyder, or sell with my 2016?' should work!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!