Hybrid View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Corbin has arrived. Took me about 2 hours to install it. Not because its overly difficult but because there is NO room to install the bracket they provide. It does sit up about 2" taller which I really like. Need to go for a couple hundred mile ride to see how it feels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    My Corbin has arrived. Took me about 2 hours to install it. Not because its overly difficult but because there is NO room to install the bracket they provide. It does sit up about 2" taller which I really like. Need to go for a couple hundred mile ride to see how it feels.
    any tips for install? i'm still waiting on mine to arrive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mmccall View Post
    any tips for install? i'm still waiting on mine to arrive.
    Small hands....LOL.

The bracket that mounts in the front is tricky. You have to place the bracket in position, place the nut and bolt in position (with washer and thread locker) and some how turn the bolt by hand or with a wrench but the space you have to do it in is tight. I brought the bolt in from the left side of the bike (as sitting on it) with my left hand. I brought the ratchet wrench in from the back, under the seat with my right hand. I put the bolt head in the wrench and moved it to the position of the hole in the Ryker frame. Then my son held the Corbin bracket in place (from the top) the best he could. Blindly, I applied pressure to the bolt so it wouldn't fall out of the wrench and used the wrench to turn the bolt trying to find the thread in the Corbin bracket. 1 1/2 hours later it finally worked. Don't worry about dropping the bolt (which happened many times for me). It just falls on the exhaust so its easy enough to retrieve. Once you have the front bracket mounted and you want to put the screw in the rear you have to really push hard on the seat forward and down for the threaded boss in the seat to line up with the hole in the Ryker plastic seat pan.

For me personally the Corbin Seat experience has not been very good. Customer service, feedback, transparency didn't exist. The seat looks great although some of the stitching seems to be off in a few areas. The installation experience wasn't great and the Corbin hardware doesn't scream quality. The hardware isn't seen though so I guess that's OK. At this point I'm feeling like I paid way to much money for something. I suppose though the value is in the comfort of the seat. I'll need to ride the bike for hundreds of miles before I know the answer to that question. If it turns out the seat is comfortable, capable of long rides (300-400 miles) and durable then it was worth the money and headache. If not then I might as well have bought a BRP comfort seat or stuck with the stock seat. The Corbin seat does sit up a little higher. 1-2" I'd say. I really like that.