Spyder Garage

Cool Sway bar in Europe

Shipping costs, customs taxes & VAT are actually killing ordering in the US for us Europeans.
    Luckily similar set is available in Europe, Germany to be precise.
    I decided to give that one a go and ordered a sway bar and strong links @ QRT-parts.de .
    Installation is of course the same so that was a breeze.
    Clearly I cannot really compare Ron's sway bar and the one I got but I do know that it is quite a difference in riding.
    It comes with 2 options to set rigidness and must say that I am pleased with the results
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Spyder Garage

Martin the Vloggersells the Antisway bar from Bajaron in his web store.

https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pro...-am-f3-f3s-f3t

Sorry I've duplicated the post.
    Last edited by mcalva; 03-23-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Duplicated
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Martin the Vlogger sells the Antisway bar from Bajaron in his web store.

https://www.martinthevlogger.com/pro...-am-f3-f3s-f3t
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update, even a better deal
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Baja Ron's is still the #1 update for my F3T. Second is the front Toyo Proxes T 185/55-15 tires and the rear Kumho ECSTA AST 225/50R15. Full details on my SSL updated link in my sig.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CasN View Post
    Shipping costs, customs taxes & VAT are actually killing ordering in the US for us Europeans.
    Luckily similar set is available in Europe, Germany to be precise.
    I decided to give that one a go and ordered a sway bar and strong links @ QRT-parts.de .
    Installation is of course the same so that was a breeze.
    Clearly I cannot really compare Ron's sway bar and the one I got but I do know that it is quite a difference in riding.
    It comes with 2 options to set rigidness and must say that I am pleased with the results
    So which option on the rigidness did you opt for? I have a similar bar on my F3S from an Australian manufacturer https://www.wespydservices.com/and set it on the most rigid from the start and thought yeah thats perfect so haven't tried the softer setting.
    Don't know how the Aussie dollars would convert over there, probably as you say shipping etc would kill it as another option.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

I did the same as you and did not try the softer one.
    2020 F3S , Matte black

Spyder Garage

Information only. No horn to toot.

I get questioned often about why I do not offer an adjustable, multiple location (more than 1 mounting hole) sway bar. There is a bar kit made in Australia which has 3 mounting locations. I must say, it does sound like a good idea. We took a hard look into this long ago when we started building our first prototype bars. Here are the reasons we settled on a single mounting location sway bar.

Almost everyone is going to want to use the strongest setting. I say "Almost" because, though I've not heard of anyone using a weaker setting, I assume there are at least a few who do.

People do not change the setting. As a rule, they install the bar kit, select the stiffest setting, and they are done.

Multiple holes can give you misaligned end links. For the most efficient bar function, the links need to be perfectly vertical when at rest. Only 1 hole can give you this ideal link alignment. The more holes, the more options for misalignment. For example. On a 2 hole bar, do you split the misalignment difference? Or, have one hole ideally located and put 100% of the misalignment on the 2nd hole?

On a car or any full size vehicle with long sway bar arms and long end links, this is not so critical because the angle of misalignment is much less. But with the very short arm and link lengths on the Spyder/Ryker, misalignment will have a much greater, negative effect.

Additional holes cost more. Not so much more if they are punched. More if they are drilled. (You don't want a sway bar with a punched hole. Just not a quality way to go.) You end up paying for something you are not going to use. If you use the stiffest setting, you have extra bar arm hanging out beyond the end link which, on rides where these show, is not the best look.

These are just my opinions based on the information I found. Not saying the other guys are wrong. But this is why the BajaRon Sway Bar Kits have just one hole.

Have a Great Riding Season!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 03-26-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Information only. No horn to toot.

I get questioned often about why I do not offer an adjustable, multiple location (more than 1 mounting hole) sway bar. There is a bar kit made in Australia which has 3 mounting locations. I must say, it does sound like a good idea. We took a hard look into this long ago when we started building our first prototype bars. Here are the reasons we settled on a single mounting location sway bar.

Almost everyone is going to want to use the strongest setting. I say "Almost" because, though I've not heard of anyone using a weaker setting, I assume there are at least a few who do.

People do not change the setting. As a rule, they install the bar kit, select the stiffest setting, and they are done.

Multiple holes can give you misaligned end links. For the most efficient bar function, the links need to be perfectly vertical when at rest. Only 1 hole can give you this ideal link alignment. The more holes, the more options for misalignment. For example. On a 2 hole bar, do you split the misalignment difference? Or, have one hole ideally located and put 100% of the misalignment on the 2nd hole?

On a car or any full size vehicle with long sway bar arms and long end links, this is not so critical because the angle of misalignment is much less. But with the very short arm and link lengths on the Spyder/Ryker, misalignment will have a much greater, negative effect.

Additional holes cost more. Not so much more if they are punched. More if they are drilled. (You don't want a sway bar with a punched hole. Just not a quality way to go.) You end up paying for something you are not going to use. If you use the stiffest setting, you have extra bar arm hanging out beyond the end link which, on rides where these show, is not the best look.

These are just my opinions based on the information I found. Not saying the other guys are wrong. But this is why the BajaRon Sway Bar Kits have just one hole.

Have a Great Riding Season!
    Great information Ron. I'm away from my bike at the moment but will check where the links on mine fall from vertical when I can. Did you consider adjustable links at all ?
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic