Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

It certainly has a racing look to it. Reminds me of Nascar and Formula Racing.
    I think it's a great color. Maybe BRP could consider it for one of color schemes in the future.
    I remember primary yellow being an "odd" choice of paint color for any vehicle. Like the yellow, I bet the green would grow on ya. (and not like a fungus either)
    The bile colored wind screen has got to go. Ewwww

Spyder Garage

I wonder. Is it paint or just a rap. They are doing wonders with rapping these days. I had the top of my Bushtec trailer rapped. They took a pic of the fire on the hood of my Vette, and rap the trailer with the fire on the film. Now it's protected and has Art work too.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

NICE NICE NICE!

Spyder Garage

HDXBones -

Back in 2001, we'd never heard about that green superstition. We had a beatufiul Jade Green 2001 Harley ElectraGlide -- top of the line, all the goodies. We rode it to Rolling Thunder in May, 2001, then up to Canada and the New England states, no problems at all.

Then in September, 2001, just before 911, we were on a simple little daytrip with 3 other couples and on a curvey back road, hit a rock and crashed the bike and us (going about 45 mph). Totaled the bike and we broke some bones. That was the end of our green Harley!

A few months later, we were at a HOG rally, talking to some people at dinner, and telling them about our accident. One of the men said he could guess the color of our bike -- green! He hollered over to another table and asked them what color bike gets in the most accidents, and they all hollered "GREEN"! That's when we heard about the superstition!

NO GREEN FOR US!
    Very happy SM5 owner
    JO ANNE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    Wonder if the green bike superstition applies to Spyders?
    I think that superstition only applies to Harleys. Kawasaki has won a lot of races with green machines.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    I think that superstition only applies to Harleys. Kawasaki has won a lot of races with green machines.

Bruce
    Long standing superstition for race cars (in US). I think Harley picked it up from there.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

No one well steal it hurts my eyes lol