Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear brake sticking

Hey guys,

I did a search and i found there was an issue BRP is fixing with the brakes sticking... wasnt sure if this was for the actual parking brake arm itself or the actual brake sticking. I went on a ride this morning and my spyder rode like i was riding with the brakes on... i checked the parking brake it wasnt applied.... did notice it doesnt stick like it used to when i did apply it. so i kept going and i pulled over checked it all out everything seemed fine. so i was going down hill pulled in the clutch to see if i would coast and i was slowing down... finally got it to not stick. got to my buddys house about 20 miles away looked at the disc and the side egde is purple. so i know they are still rubbing. If i adjust the cable with the 2 nuts in the back will this help them disengage. Thanks guys, didnt want to do it unless it will solve the problem.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I would try . . . . .

. . . . give the cables and pivot points a "little" WD40, before trying the bolt adjustment. It only takes a drop and of course, don't get any on the break pads.
    If you do the ones on the right side of the rear tire at the break and that does not work, also try where the break pedal attaches on the left side.

Tom

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i actually found out the problem. The cable is getting hung up somehwere. i ended up seeing that the spring was stretched so i pulled the acutal part the cable attached to in the back and it came loose. The black plastic around the actual metal cable itself got little ripped up and gets stuck everytime i put the brake down. i havent used the parking brake yet, im going to take it to the dealer and have them fix it permanetly. im almost due for my 3000 mile maint. Thanks for you help, im just hoping now that the rotor itself isnt screwed up.