Hybrid View

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderKev View Post
    I disagree, I would say a scooter is way safer than a poorly engineered 3 wheeler any day.

As far as value it, if you picked up this knock-off for $7k and it lasted 1 or maybe 2 years the cost of ownership would be crazy high. Then you have to factor in maintenance along the way and resale value. That's what's in question in my mind. Just because someone can get into it cheap doesn't make it a bargain.

I agree with you.. but there is no proof that the one in question is poorly engineered... not yet.

whom ever said the price is 7k is crazy... the retail is $4600 and nobody pays retail unless they are crazy...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XXX 74 View Post
    I agree with you.. but there is no proof that the one in question is poorly engineered... not yet.

whom ever said the price is 7k is crazy... the retail is $4600 and nobody pays retail unless they are crazy...
    I saw the demo they had at the Dealer show in Indy this past Feb. Let's just say they aren't horrible as I have seen worst from overseas, but they are no Spyder for sure.

An MSRP of $4600 for these might not be too bad a list price. But from what I know of these kind of scooters from China, there will be very little if any "real" warranty coverage (most times parts only and no dealer network even if it covers labor too) and parts can be real hard if not almost impossiable to get.

Really, IMHO planning to keep one of these long term or for high miles would not be the best of plans.

Now, to use as a knock around town or as a pit bike they might be real fun and cool for sure. I just don't know how over the long term they will be?

MM