Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I see in the Google Play app store that Bosch mySpin for Two-Wheelers is it's own app. Does it need to be installed in addition to the BRP C app, or is it part of BRP Connect?
    I think Bosch mySpin is the basis on which BRP has made adaptive modifications.
    According to my tests, you cannot install BRPC if you already have mySpin on your phone because it identifies that there is already a Spin installed.
    MySpin is not recognized by the vehicle only BRP Connect.

Sigyc does not distinguish between the two applications and interprets BRP Connect as mySpin.

Of course, I could be in a mistake.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

I'm just seeing this thread, so my comments may have been posted already.

I use the bluetooth audio connection from an inactive Galaxy S7 android version 8.0.0 phone to the dash as the mp3 music source, and I've paired two headsets to the dash to listen to the tunes.
    This way, I can use the bike controls to manage the volume and select the audio track to play, either the MP3 player, or the built in radio.
    The two headsets are paired to each other for intercom.
    Even if it I got the dash navigation to work, I didn't like the display.
    I use a Zumo XT paired directly to my helmet for navigation and I've paired my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G android version 11 cell phone to the Zumo to make and receive calls.
    P.S. I like the glass display much better than the physical gages. It's bright enough to see in full daylight, and it's not occluded by reflections.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Reading all these comments about trouble and no trouble that riders are experiencing, particularly with Android phones and BRP Connect makes me wonder how many of the problems are caused by all the variations in the Android OS itself. I'm not a s/w developer but from what I have observed Google exercises very loose controls over Android standards, allowing every phone maker to make tweeks to the OS with almost no regard for forward or backward compatibility nor compatibility between brands. I suggest anytime someone posts about their experience with BRP C they include info about the phone version and the OS version they're using. If enough of that info is posted maybe some common issues will become evident.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Reading all these comments about trouble and no trouble that riders are experiencing
    All I can say is the old system works well, and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. I’m still on my ‘14 model, and it ain’t broke.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper