Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Houston, San Antonio, Austin Meet/Eat

Now the weather may start to get a little cooler (wishful thinking on my part), how bout meeting up at some central location for a Spyder meet/eat get together on some weekend? I'm not sure where that "central point" would be, but surely we can find some place between Houston, San Antonio, Austin that would give us all a good day ride for a lunch meet. Somebody put their "thinking caps" on and come up with some possible places and post it here.

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glynnk View Post
    Now the weather may start to get a little cooler (wishful thinking on my part), how bout meeting up at some central location for a Spyder meet/eat get together on some weekend? I'm not sure where that "central point" would be, but surely we can find some place between Houston, San Antonio, Austin that would give us all a good day ride for a lunch meet. Somebody put their "thinking caps" on and come up with some possible places and post it here.

Glynnk
    dont forget about the lone star bike rally in galveston. (oct 29- nov 1). http://www.lonestarrally.com/

heres a link to other texas rally's http://www.lightningcustoms.com/texa...es-events.html
    Last edited by ozzie; 08-22-2009 at 09:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

Glynnk
    Great idea. I looked at the map, to find a good place in the middle of the three cities. La Grange is right in the middle! Unfortunately the Chicken Ranch is closed but there seems to be good places to eat there:
    http://www.lagrangetourism.com/food.html

I got a friend that knows the state inside-out. I will ask him for good places in the general area.

PS: ozzie: I will check the links you posted.

3WD
    Today is a good day to ride!
    owner!

[x]- Gun rack
    [x]- Helmet-mounted fire extingusher and DPS deactivation hammer
    [x]- Large print (senior version) safety card

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeldemon View Post
    Great idea. I looked at the map, to find a good place in the middle of the three cities. La Grange is right in the middle! Unfortunately the Chicken Ranch is closed but there seems to be good places to eat there:
    http://www.lagrangetourism.com/food.html

I got a friend that knows the state inside-out. I will ask him for good places in the general area.

PS: ozzie: I will check the links you posted.

3WD
    Hahahaha...yeah, I think we're a little late for the Chicken Ranch! Interested to hear what your friend might suggest. You've noticed that this post hasn't, as of yet, gotten any response from San Antonio or Austin ryders yet. Come on SA and Austin, we know somebody's out there.
    See you and Ozzie in the morning.

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hahahaha...yeah, I think we're a little late for the Chicken Ranch! Interested to hear what your friend might suggest. You've noticed that this post hasn't, as of yet, gotten any response from San Antonio or Austin ryders yet. Come on SA and Austin, we know somebody's out there.
    See you and Ozzie in the morning.

Glynnk
    I'm here in San Antonio and I'm open for a ride.

Spyder Garage

Does LaGrange seem like a good place to meet for you and other SA or Austin folks?

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Sure hard to choose a location; TX being so big and all. Hi Glynn was nice meeting you. Have a great get together whenever it happens. Kind of nice having others to ride with.
    Happy Spyder owner.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I am in Virginia for a week, so haven't had time to check the map on locations. I'm up for a ride, but given my other commitments, the closer to San Antonio we can get, the less chance of my having to sleep on the porch when I get back...
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kjen View Post
    Sure hard to choose a location; TX being so big and all. Hi Glynn was nice meeting you. Have a great get together whenever it happens. Kind of nice having others to ride with.
    Jen--Nice to hear from you. Have you and Dudley recuperated from the trip? I can't imagine how you top the trip y'all just completed, but is there a round 2 trip in the works/

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Hey, folks, let's go ahead and set a date and location for a meet/eat and make it in LaGrange. Hopefully, we can pull in some SA and Austin ryders. 3Wheel, did you ever get your friend's advice on a place to meet and eat in LaGrange? Wanna do it on a Saturday or Sunday, in September or October? Houston area folks could meet somewhere local and Ed can plan the route. What do you say Ed?

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Hey, folks, let's go ahead and set a date and location for a meet/eat and make it in LaGrange. Hopefully, we can pull in some SA and Austin ryders. 3Wheel, did you ever get your friend's advice on a place to meet and eat in LaGrange? Wanna do it on a Saturday or Sunday, in September or October? Houston area folks could meet somewhere local and Ed can plan the route. What do you say Ed?

Glynnk
    I am game. Seeing my friend tomorrow. I have a hunt in Oct 1-4. any other weekend is good. Lets try September.

3WD
    owner!

[x]- Gun rack

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Does LaGrange seem like a good place to meet for you and other SA or Austin folks?

Glynnk
    I can make a trip to LaGrange on a Saturday. Only Saturday I have in September is 9/26. Right now open on Saturday's in October.

Spyder Garage

Okay, let's set it for Saturday, September 26th 12:00 noon in LaGrange at a location to be determined. Ozzie, Ed, 3Wheel, Chris you guys in?

Any other Houston area ryders interested, just respond here as well as SA and Austin folks.

Specific location details to follow.

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

I am in. My buddy was not familiar with La Grange eateries, but we are not a fancy crowd anyway. Let's research a bit more an pick a place!

3WD
    owner!

[x]- Gun rack

Spyder Garage

La Grange on 9/26 sounds good. I've been wanting to get in on a Texas Sypder ride for a while. Looking at the map, I think I'll plot out some back roads there and back. Should be fun. See you there

Tony
    San Antonio, TX - 2014 RT-S Yellow (of course). Added BRP driver backrest to stock seat. Need to solve Blutooth and iPhone 5S integration problems next.

Former owner of a yellow 2008 Spyder, Cal Sci windshield, Crampbusters, KewlMetal mirror extensions, NoMagicNeon 4" risers, Corbin Seats and dual backrests. Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How far is La Grange from Killeen?

Thanks
    Happy Spyder Owner & Growing Stronger.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trm17118 View Post
    La Grange on 9/26 sounds good. I've been wanting to get in on a Texas Sypder ride for a while. Looking at the map, I think I'll plot out some back roads there and back. Should be fun. See you there

Tony
    Hey Tony - I'd be interested in riding out to La Grange with you on 9/26 for the Spyder meetup if you want someone to tag along. Also, I'm open to riding most Saturdays if you are interested in getting together. I live in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio so I can get to about any place in SA in a half hour or less.

Send me a PM and I'll exchange contact info.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arana View Post
    How far is La Grange from Killeen?

Thanks
    It's about 125 miles from Killeen to LaGrange. I've ridden on some of those roads and it's a real nice ride. Hope to see ya in LaGrange.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm in Austin and I plan to be there. I am having minor back surgery this week so I hope be healed up enough by then, if not i may still be able to make it in the car but, being new to Texas, I am very interested in getting together with other Spyder owners for some local rides.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I should be in, but around 1:00 would be better for me if it's ok with everyone else or I can just show up fashionably late.
    09 SM5 Phantom

Spyder Garage

Okay, let's set it for Saturday, September 26th 12:00 noon in LaGrange at a location to be determined. Ozzie, Ed, 3Wheel, Chris you guys in?

Any other Houston area ryders interested, just respond here as well as SA and Austin folks.

Specific location details to follow.

Glynnk
    im in. anytime works for me.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Ive been here before. Pretty good stuff if you just gotta have more BBQ....LOL

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/R...es-meat-market

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

And Ive never been here, but have had some kolaches delivered to me.
    Dessert?
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.786896&z=10

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davepick View Post
    I'm in Austin and I plan to be there. I am having minor back surgery this week so I hope be healed up enough by then, if not i may still be able to make it in the car but, being new to Texas, I am very interested in getting together with other Spyder owners for some local rides.
    Hope everything works out for you. If you can't come in the Spyder, hopefully, you can make it in the cage. Look foward to meeting you.

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
    I should be in, but around 1:00 would be better for me if it's ok with everyone else or I can just show up fashionably late.
    Chris--I don't think that'll be a problem. I was thinking us Houston area folks could meet up some place and ride over to LaGrange together. We can probably move it back a bit.

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!