Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Just had new Vredestein tires put on my 2018 RTL at Clinton County Motorsports in Ohio and lazer alignment done. What a difference. Like a different machine altogether.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Papa103 View Post
    I gotta ask does anyones stock Spyder go over a 118 MPH?
    Yup..mine would max out that tire. I would like a v rated tire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bottomline2000; 08-26-2020 at 04:34 PM. Reason: .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spin View Post
    Thanks for all your help Peter. It is much appreciated!! I have not been able to find the Vredesteins in 215/60 on TR or DT. Do you know where I could find them?
    In spite of all the other recommendations and comments on the 205/65, you continue to look at the 215/60?

As mentioned earlier, the 205/65 fits perfectly and was readily available.

The question was raised and I have not seen it answered: where are you having them mounted? Have you verified with them that they can/will mount tires on Spyder rims? Will they be able to balance them?

The shop that does much of the work on my 4-wheeled vehicles was willing to mount and balance the tires. I asked him if he minded whether I provided the tires, as some shops will charge extra. He said it was no difference, but he might be able to save some on the tires. In fact he was able to order them in (next-day delivery) for very close to the same price that I would have to pay Vulcan Tire.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Are you getting it installed by the Spyder dealer, or by a tire shop?
    Spyder dealer, Formula 1 Motorsports, Oakdale, NY. They are charging me $75 to mount and balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    Yup..mine would max out that tire. I would like a v rated tire.
    I've never even seen triple digits!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W. View Post
    In spite of all the other recommendations and comments on the 205/65, you continue to look at the 215/60?

The question was raised and I have not seen it answered: where are you having them mounted? Have you verified with them that they can/will mount tires on Spyder rims? Will they be able to balance them?

The shop that does much of the work on my 4-wheeled vehicles was willing to mount and balance the tires. I asked him if he minded whether I provided the tires, as some shops will charge extra. He said it was no difference, but he might be able to save some on the tires. In fact he was able to order them in (next-day delivery) for very close to the same price that I would have to pay Vulcan Tire.

I might have gone with the 205/65 or the 225/60 if I could have found them locally. I really like to see tires in person before I decide. Anyway, it will be on tomorrow.

2016 CanAm Spyder RT
    2008 CanAm Renegade 800
    2014 Yamaha Zuma
    2007 Honda Shadow Spirit
    2007 Honda TRX400EX-sold

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All auto tires are made with " J " type " beads " .... all Spyder wheels/rims are " J " type beads ..... Question were you able to get Vredestein tire from a different supplier , and who was that ..... Thanks ... Mike

Spyder Garage

I have a BF Goodrich Advantage TA Sport H rated on the back of my V Star 1300! I'll be putting one in 205/65-15 on the wife's '11 RT when the Kenda is used up.

darkside.jpg

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

So, I dropped off the tire and the Spyder this morning and at noon I got a call. Joe, the service manager told me the tire was the wrong size, and he couldn't install it. I said Joe, we spoke about this 2 weeks ago when you told me you could only sell me a stock tire but you would install any tire I bring you. He said he thought I was bringing a tire the same size. So, I found another CanAm dealer that said they will install it, even if it is a different size than stock. I don't want to post the dealers location at this point, but my appointment is Sept 9. I forgot to ask how much, but I don't care, I just want to get it on. This is turning out to be a long story, but I hope it ends with my next post!!

2016 CanAm Spyder RT
    2008 CanAm Renegade 800
    2014 Yamaha Zuma
    2007 Honda Shadow Spirit
    2007 Honda TRX400EX-sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Question were you able to get Vredestein tire from a different supplier , and who was that ..... Thanks ... Mike
    I had done my initial shopping at Vulcan Tire and found some good prices. I talked with the guy that owns the Muffler Brothers franchise where I get my car work done, since he is also a motorcyclist. Although he had no problems with me bringing in the tires, he offered to see if he could get a better price. I think his total was only about $5 more than what I got from Vulcan, I figured the lack of hassle on my end was worth at least that much.
    Not sure where he ordered them from.

HER ride:

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

I had done my initial shopping at Vulcan Tire and found some good prices. I talked with the guy that owns the Muffler Brothers franchise where I get my car work done, since he is also a motorcyclist. Although he had no problems with me bringing in the tires, he offered to see if he could get a better price. I think his total was only about $5 more than what I got from Vulcan, I figured the lack of hassle on my end was worth at least that much.
    Not sure where he ordered them from.

Thanks, I know of three Vredestein tire sellers .... Tire Rack, Vulcan tire and Simple tire, I believe " Spectacular Spyderman " owns a tire dealership and sourced His Vredestein's from somewhere else - possibly the Vredestein co. ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I got the tire on today and it felt good. The dealer had 26 psi in it but when I got home I dropped it to 18. Thanks everyone for your comments and advise!!

2016 CanAm Spyder RT
    2008 CanAm Renegade 800
    2014 Yamaha Zuma
    2007 Honda Shadow Spirit
    2007 Honda TRX400EX-sold

Spyder Garage

I got the tire on today and it felt good. The dealer had 26 psi in it but when I got home I dropped it to 18. Thanks everyone for your comments and advise!!
    Glad you located a competent - honest dealer ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Glad you located a competent - honest dealer ...... Mike
    Mike, you think 18 is a good number to run on this tire?

2016 CanAm Spyder RT
    2008 CanAm Renegade 800
    2014 Yamaha Zuma
    2007 Honda Shadow Spirit
    2007 Honda TRX400EX-sold

Spyder Garage

Mike, you think 18 is a good number to run on this tire?
    On the rear - yes. A front tire 16-17 psi..... These are for any Auto tire ..... Kenda's are way different ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

On the rear - yes. A front tire 16-17 psi..... These are for any Auto tire ..... Kenda's are way different ..... Mike
    Thanks Mike!!

2016 CanAm Spyder RT
    2008 CanAm Renegade 800
    2014 Yamaha Zuma
    2007 Honda Shadow Spirit
    2007 Honda TRX400EX-sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I concur with Mike on this one. We are running 18 on the rear with our Q5s.

HER ride:

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl