Spyder Garage

Default YAYYYYY...new rubber & different rims

Finally got the 15 inch wheels and Vredesteins married and mounted on the wife's '11 RT, and got an appointment to get a laser alignment in Spearfish, SD on Saturday (it will be trailered). I'm praying that this takes care of the bizarre wear on the inside of the right-side tire. When I scrape together a few more ducats, I'll get the BajaRon sway bar kit. Then she needs a cold air intake. And a heat shield... Maybe a boat would be cheaper.

spyder wheel.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoahMercy View Post
    Finally got the 15 inch wheels and Vredesteins married and mounted on the wife's '11 RT, and got an appointment to get a laser alignment in Spearfish, SD on Saturday (it will be trailered). I'm praying that this takes care of the bizarre wear on the inside of the right-side tire. When I scrape together a few more ducats, I'll get the BajaRon sway bar kit. Then she needs a cold air intake. And a heat shield... Maybe a boat would be cheaper.

spyder wheel.jpg
    Don't they call boats bottomless money pits?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I've had boats all my life. Sold my last one, a 44' twin diesel cruiser 5 years ago. I will GUARENTEE boats are NOT cheaper. But, back to your topic. Great looking wheels and tires. Interested to know your thoughts about the difference in handling after you have the alignment. I think you are going down the right path..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

But you can fish and ski with a boat... Just joshin'. I was a marine mechanic in Florida for many years, so painfully aware of the costs if you can't work on your own. And now I work on small engines as well as ATVs, UTVs, and snowmobiles...all expensive toys!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    A hole in the water you throw money into.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    A hole in the water you throw money into.
    And 4WD's are 'a hole in the bush you throw money into'; while recreational aircraft & para-gliders etc are 'a hole in the air you throw money into'; and (some) downhill skiers say their sport/gear is 'a hole in the snow you throw money into'; and motorists of all types say their cars, motorbikes, etc are all 'a hole in the road you throw money into'.....

Just about anything you can do recreationally can become 'a hole in something you throw money into' - heck, even shooters of all sorts of projectile weapons literally punch money into some type of target, hopefully into that small sweet spot tho!

But however much money you pour into it, it is your choice; and even if you are an avid DIY'er who won't pour in too much more than the initial purchase price & your basic operational costs, Spyders/Rykers can return a helluva lot of Miles of Smiles for your investment, can't they?!? Well, that is just so long as you're using the right oil and running your tires at their correct pressures, anyway!

Enjoy!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    And 4WD's are 'a hole in the bush you throw money into'; while recreational aircraft & para-gliders etc are 'a hole in the air you throw money into'; and (some) downhill skiers say their sport/gear is 'a hole in the snow you throw money into'; and motorists of all types say their cars, motorbikes, etc are all 'a hole in the road you throw money into'.....

Just about anything you can do recreationally can become 'a hole in something you throw money into' - heck, even shooters of all sorts of projectile weapons literally punch money into some type of target, hopefully into that small sweet spot tho!

But however much money you pour into it, it is your choice; and even if you are an avid DIY'er who won't pour in too much more than the initial purchase price & your basic operational costs, Spyders/Rykers can return a helluva lot of Miles of Smiles for your investment, can't they?!? Well, that is just so long as you're using the right oil and running your tires at their correct pressures, anyway!

Enjoy!
    ......have you just mentionned thoses 2 words in the same sentence......!!!??!!!!!??? WOW, !!!! You got a big pair....!!!!! ;-)

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...

Spyder Garage

BOAT... Break Out Another Thousand... That being said, I love my boat as much as my Spyder. Fishing therapy for me is every bit as good as wind therapy!

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires

YES, very nice looking wheels and tires. Post your updates when you get some miles on them.
    Enjoy your Ryde Time and Stay Safe. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue