Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BRP Cares- NOT

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Cares- NOT

I contacted my dealership to obtain the extra 2 years of warranty being given to new owners. They were clueless to say the least. I then contacted BRP Care via e-mail. It was worse! "Angie" replied to me probably with out reading my letter. She said to contact my dealer for assistance. So the dealer is of no help, BRP Care was no help. Now what to do. Anyone have any corporate contacts? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I contacted my dealership to obtain the extra 2 years of warranty being given to new owners. They were clueless to say the least. I then contacted BRP Care via e-mail. It was worse! "Angie" replied to me probably with out reading my letter. She said to contact my dealer for assistance. So the dealer is of no help, BRP Care was no help. Now what to do. Anyone have any corporate contacts? Tom
    I would suspect that the email you received from BRP was automated. Unfortunately, you probably need to try harder. A shame, of course. But the squeaky wheel is supposed to get more grease.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

You should be free to call any dealer you want to see if they can give you the information you want. Worth a try. Might try Copperman's dealer in Arkansas (see his post about this)>

Spyder Garage

Call BRP direct. Their stock answer is "see the dealer." They pass the buck more than any company I know.
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Spyder Garage

I would think a reputable dealer could resolve the issue. My wife bought a new '19 last weekend and it was mentioned to us right away during the paperwork. We'll be fully covered for entire duration of financing.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The extended warranty can be purchased through ANY dealer.

When we got my wife's RT-S from a private party, there were just a couple of months to go on the standard warranty. Based on the recommendations of several on the forum, I contacted a dealer in Illinois and got another three years for just a bit over $600.

There are three such dealers mentioned here quite often for warranties. One in Illinois, one a bit farther west and one on the west coast. I wish I could remember the names of the dealers, but I'm sure a short search will turn them up. Look for "extended BEST warranty" or something along that line.

Spyder Garage

Send another polite email to BRPCare. Tell them exactly what your dealership and Angie told you and ask them to elevate your question to someone who can answer it. Some BRPCare staff, I don't know how many, are working from home because of the pandemic. Was the two additional years of warranty published when you bought your Spyder or is it something recent? I'm not shopping so I pay no attention to MY 2020.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I picked up a 20 on the 13th and the 2yr x warranty has been replaced with a $1000 rebate which I used to buy a 3yr BEST and the remainder went off price.

Spyder Garage

is that the best warranty or what? Believe there were additional offers just for the Rykers I maybe confused, hope dealer is not. Either way there are usually time restrictions to get everything in place. Might wanna stick with more direct approach hope works out

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Berts will help you. I want to think berts mega mall

someone correct name if not right

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was a promotion from x date to x date for the extra warranty, that has been replaced with the $1,000 off which, I believe, began on June 1st. I purchased my 20 RT during the 2 year extended warranty and I do not expect that BRP will give me the $1000 instead even though it is a better deal and I’m okay with that. If you purchased during the promotion period they should honor it, if not then I think you have to write it off to bad timing. The early bird did not get the worm on this deal.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

From what was posted. If you bought during the pandemic, you were upgraded to a 4yr. warranty. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Spyder Garage

I'm not quite sure what you're asking BRP, but the extended warranty issue was dealt with in another thread.

To the best of my memory and knowledge here's what I know about it.

If you bought a 2020 during a certain time frame you received a 2 yr BEST aftermarket (so to speak) warranty. To my knowledge, BRP did not and has not extended the factory warranty for any purchase. If you purchased outside of that time frame you will not receive that benefit unless your dealer agrees to pay for that extended warranty. BRP will not.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I purchased mine in March, so it must have before or after and/or not available in FL, or all of the above, and who knows how many other restrictions. BRM is in charge and can most certainly can do as they please. I bought the machine, I'm happy with it, so all is well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you're asking BRP, but the extended warranty issue was dealt with in another thread.

To the best of my memory and knowledge here's what I know about it.

If you bought a 2020 during a certain time frame you received a 2 yr BEST aftermarket (so to speak) warranty. To my knowledge, BRP did not and has not extended the factory warranty for any purchase. If you purchased outside of that time frame you will not receive that benefit unless your dealer agrees to pay for that extended warranty. BRP will not.
    Dealer has NO CLUE! BRP CARE response is to contact dealer. No dates were posted that I can find. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    I purchased mine in March, so it must have before or after and/or not available in FL, or all of the above, and who knows how many other restrictions. BRM is in charge and can most certainly can do as they please. I bought the machine, I'm happy with it, so all is well.
    Very happy with the Spyder! I purchased a 7 year warranty. But if they give 2 extra years? Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Right on Tango, they had a thing going, so I purchased a 5 year warranty, 2 more years I probably don't need.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dont think it will the will go more than 7 years. They never did in the past..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another five Mutha and I'll be done, so I'm good. I just want to squeeze as much out that machine as my old a** will permit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
    Call BRP direct. Their stock answer is "see the dealer." They pass the buck more than any company I know.
    Isn't that the truth!
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's called 'side stepping the issue' not unusual. Dump it on the dealer, the dealer is not likely to be sympathetic especially if the problem is costing the dealer. But I'm saying what we all know already, just reinforcing I suppose.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Another five Mutha and I'll be done, so I'm good. I just want to squeeze as much out that machine as my old a** will permit.
    I had the extended warranty and never needed it. The Spyder has been very reliable for me. Now my body may not let me ride a motorcycle at some point.

Still like to try the Slingshot with the Auto Trans and the new engine..

Wonder how the warranty is on that machine.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As maturity catches me, not sure I could get in and out of the Slingshot, but sure looks like a fun ride.

Spyder Garage

If my purchase fails with in the dates, great. Give me the extra 2 years. I can cancel the extended warranty I purchased. If not with in the dates. That's fine also. Not asking for something I don't deserve! I contacted BRP CARE a second time. No return answer. Tom

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck Tango, and I agree, but sometime it is not worth the efort, if BRP would only do the 'right thing' that would be fine, but seems only BRP knows what the 'right thing' is.