Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Need help helping another member w/ 2013 ST-S

HELP! I'm trying desperately to help out Spyder Hawk to use a BRP switch with an after market seat heater. He is suffering from the after effects of a stroke so is having difficulty with the wiring concepts involved. I'm getting exasperated and it's not fair to be hard on him. I can't just walk away and leave him hanging. That wouldn't be fair either.

I need a copy of the wiring diagram for a 2013 ST-S, particularly the portion related to seat heaters and compressors. I have no need to buy the service manual for myself so would like for someone who has one to give me a copy of the wiring diagram. Any takers?

Here's the thread: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-a-seat-heater

I know this should be in the ST Shop Talk subforum, but I'm casting as wide as possible since the catch is surely limited!

Thanks.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I sent you a PM
    2012 RT-S and 2013 STL

Spyder Garage

Why did you not ask in the original thread. I have the 2013 ST service manual and have referenced it answering questions in the thread. It is very clear to me how the grip heater circuit is wired and the switch is a SPDT 3 position (on-off-on). By the way it is wired exactly the same as your 2014 RT and would guess you have the service manual for that. What we don't know what kind of switch and how it's wired on the seat heater. Once we know that, then can figure out the next steps.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I didn't realize or remember you had an ST so I did this thread to catch the attention of a wider audience! No affront intended, believe me!

Spyder Hawk mentioned about using the compressor connector for power, but I don't think that will work, or will it? I'm also confused about what he had the extra switch plugged into, or is he doing his testing on the installed grip heater switch since it's a duplicate of the one he wants to use? The connector in the pic is green but he mentions orange connector. What is what, is the question.

What we really need is an exact wiring diagram of the heat pads and the switch and relay connected to them. When he said he wants to use a two-position switch I took it to mean ON/OFF, not ON/OFF/ON. The after effects of a stroke can really mess up one's cognitive ability. There is a local guy who had a stroke several years ago and gets very frustrated with the trouble he has in forming sentences and remembering words. Like we often say, different strokes for different folks, except in cases like this that is not the least bit funny.

Do you have any idea what brand & model his heat pads are? I'll send Motorcycle Dave a PM and ask him to look at the pics. Maybe he can tell us.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Google picture search came up with this. Looks like this one to me. https://www.amazon.com/Motosupply-Un.../dp/B00RZL667I

He said he had an extra grip heater switch laying around and thought it should work. The slot where the ACS switch should on a RT is empty on an ST. Air suspension was never an option on an ST. At any trim level. But the wiring is there because the ST has the same main wiring harness as a RT. He does not want to use the wiring for ACS. He just wants to use that slot for a switch that matches the rest. Instead of the switch that came with the heating pads.

2018 F3 LIMITED