Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
I have 2012 RS. My gear shift switch was replaced under warranty 4 yrs ago. It's gone bad again so this time I'm going to replace it myself. I started diving into this and the wiring seems to disappear into the frame once it goes through the hole in the console (console being the large black center portion with the gauge cluster, headlights, mirrors) for the handle bars. I removed the center tupperware under the console and also the gauge cluster from the console thinking that would give me enough access to the wiring but no dice. So, I think I need to pull the entire center console off to be able to see where the wiring goes and where the connector is and make the connection. My issue....I can't seem to figure out how this "console" comes off either in pieces or as one unit. Has anyone removed this before? If so how did you do it? Maybe there is a youtube video somewhere?
Just a thought on this ..... could you cut the wires and splice in the new switch .... solder and heat shrink the connection .... Good luck .... Mike