Spyder Garage

Default Roadside assistance

Will be picking up my 2020 RTL sometime next week and was wondering, what, if any, roadside assistance are being used by most of you? I did have roadside with HOG back in my Harley days. So, any companies you guys can recommend?
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You may be covered by the BRP best warranty if you get that. I have an older model so I have AAA to cover mine.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Can Am has excellent roadside assistance during the warranty period.
    Not a substitute for as much self-reliance as practical, especially in areas without cell service.
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, I seem to remember the salesperson saying something about that. I'll get more info from him when we have more time to talk.

Spyder Garage

AAA Plus. I still like paper maps, so I grab a lot of maps and tour books from their store.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I was not so lucky with BRP roadside assistance. Facts they sent two tow trucks with hooks and a 5x7 trailer to pick up my RT while I was sitting on the side of the road in a not so good area approaching dark they even wanted to me to leave the bike overnight which I could have done but then a whole new set of problems would have occurred because the bike would have been stolen. this took about two hours in time, I finally called my insurance company Geico and use my roadside assistance I had to pay upfront $250.00 dollars and Geico refunded me the money. I did contact BRP care and complain which they gave me a $250.00 dollar voucher to be used at any BRP dealer for service or accessories.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    I was not so lucky with BRP roadside assistance. Facts they sent two tow trucks with hooks and a 5x7 trailer to pick up my RT while I was sitting on the side of the road in a not so good area approaching dark they even want to me to leave the bike overnight which I could have done but then a whole new set of problems would have occurred because the bike would have been stolen. this took about two hours in time, I finally called my insurance company Geico and use my roadside assistance I had to pay upfront $250.00 dollars and they refunded me the money. I did contact BRP care and complain which they gave me a $250.00 dollar voucher to be used at any BRP dealer for service or accessories.
    Seems like the guys that make the machine should know what it takes to transport it. Not impressive at all!
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Seems like the guys that make the machine should know what it takes to transport it. Not impressive at all!

That is what I thought too, and even read it to them right out the owners manual.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

I have roadside assistance with motorcycle coverage from AARP and have been very pleased with the service for both the Spyder and my Truck. No mileage or dollar limits like the BRP coverage. They take you to the nearest CanAm dealer with a service department if that is where you want to go.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

You're covered by BRP, I just purchased a 2020 RTL last month. ��

Spyder Garage

I have Good Sam but thankfully have never had to use them...

Spyder Garage

Don't forget the AMA. We should all belong. They have roadside assistance coverage as part of your membership and it covers all your vehicles. Also I'm covered with my insurance. No experience because I've never had to use it. Knock on wood.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman47 View Post
    Don't forget the AMA. We should all belong. They have roadside assistance coverage as part of your membership and it covers all your vehicles. Also I'm covered with my insurance. No experience because I've never had to use it. Knock on wood.
    AMA covers 35 miles -Dealer or Home and I'm usually not that far outside that from my house.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have AAA Plus, well worth the money
    Bob H - Derry, NH
    2020 Spyder RT Limited - Petrol Metallic Blue
    2010 RT622 Trailer and BRP Hitch
    BRP Vented Touring Windshield, BRP Backrest
    Garmin 590 with BRP Mount
    Fobo TPMS for Spyder and Trailer
    Lidlox, Blue Sea Fuse Box for power distribution
    Ram Ball Mounts for Radar Detector, Cup Holder and Phone Holder
    Sena 20S / SL2 Headsets, Foam Grip Covers, Belt Tensioner
    BAJA Ron Sway Bar and Shock Adjusters, Heli Bars

Spyder Garage

If you have both Sprint and AAA, Sprint pays for you basic AAA membership automatically.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I had my Spyder towed to a dealership within the first year due to a load of bad gas. The B.E.S.T. road assistance has a limited distance, don't remember what it is but it's not more than 25 miles I don't think, and the dealership was easily within the distance. Pick up was a bit slow but it was a Friday afternoon.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have AMA and Good Sam. Had Allstate but they turned me down for a tow and had to have my come get me in a trailer. End of them.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman47 View Post
    AMA for sure covers multiple vehicles & drivers of household think first 25-or so miles tow are free. & AMA helps fight for our motorcycle rights on and off road :yes bunch of other benefits too being a member :doorag. Suggest inspect & compare, do believe covers more & better priced than some
    https://americanmotorcyclist.com/ BRP does/did provide roadside with initial warranty & BEST extended warranty information should be with your sales papers. You will need to know your vin# & with any of the service providers good to know what dealer or shop you want it to go to & unfortunately some dealers have shut down or don’t support Spyders anymore not roadside friendly but necessary information.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I have AAA you have to have the RV level for any motorcycle, they picked up a friends harley once and tied it down with the handlebars ended up scratching the tank, took a month of complaining but tow company paid for a new tank, 1300 USD cause harley cannot match the paint so new tank needed ( scratch was 2 inches long )
    When he called local AAA they stated not their problem towing company problem. Took a call to regional AAA level boss to get them to motivate the tow comany but they paid

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the feedback, guess I better start doing some research.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yikes, got the BEST warranty on my 2020, this thread does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. It is what it is now, so maybe nothing bad will happen.