Spyder Garage

Default Re-Install the "bra" component. 2016 F3L

I am really hoping there is a "Trick" to reinstalling this component. I finally get it done but it's just a PITA.

The component I have labeled as the "bra" is the plastic component below the windshield and above the trunk lid. That's the component necessary to remove in order to remove the frunk's storage container.

It seems that getting this part aligned prior to snapping it in is quite a hard thing (for me) to do. And, I'm not getting any better at it!! Grrr.

Any help is good help!

Thanks,
    Neal
    2016 F3T Limited
    F4 Windshield, LaMonster backrest, headlights, foglights with rings, Long Horn mirror lights, saddle bag and fender lights, swaybar, cat bypass, Centrtonics balancers, Fobo, Baker hand and lower wings, laser alignment, Dual power plate,Givi E47 center bag, Sensa 20s, Pitbull highway riding pegs, Tricled highway lights, empty bank account

Spyder Garage

Keep the aft ends low enough, so the U shaped "shoes" will slide onto the pins. Then eyeball where the grommets are and pressure the piece back until you see that the pins are close to the holes in the grommets. Then push back and down on the piece above the pins - you'll feet them snap in.
    Disclaimer: Even though I made it sound like it's easy for me, I find it quite fiddly at times. Patience is the key word here. Some designer at BRP is laughing at us. I'm wishing her an early engine failure. It had to be a woman who came up with this Chinese puzzle of a design. Men are not that complicated.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Subscribing to this thread, because I have the exact same complaint about my F3-T. Getting that piece re-attached is a royal PITA!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

I do a basic alignment and then do one side at a time. Works well for me,
    Be safe,
    Tip