Threaded View

Spyder Garage

I'll start out by saying I've had a brake failure warning for the last several weeks, so yesterday was a good day to install new brake pads on the rear and bleed my brakes, at least it started out that way. A few weeks ago, I had ordered four speed bleeders for the three wheels and the clutch, and also one for the ABS system. I have the '08 GS manual shift. I had no problem installing the three bleeders on three wheels, but when it came time to install the one on the ABS, I think this had to be one of the hardest jobs I've ever done on my bike. I thought at first I would attempt to reach it through the left front wheel opening, but that proved to be not doable. Next best thing was to remove the frunk for better access. No problem there, but once that was done, it was a real fight getting my small hands in to remove and installed the new bleeder. ( my advice ....Let It Go....) I really don't think it's worth the trouble, trying to bleed the ABS.
    I bled the two front wheels, then the rear, and then the ABS. After assembling everything back together I was able to clear the low pressure message. The clutch can wait for another day.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-27-2022 at 09:15 AM. Reason: break = brake ;-)

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888