Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
I haven't seen one shut down while running yet; but I have seen quite a few that simply refuse to start again once they were shut down! So I'd suggest that IF you can get it running, you're pretty much good to go until you next choose to shut it down, just so long as you keep it running in the meantime!

Just don't shut it down once you've got it started and you're on your way to meet JC - once these DESS errors begin, it's a crap shoot on getting the engine started every single time; so if you DO get it started & then later on you do hafta shut your bike down before you've had your DESS Disabled, there's no guarantee that you'll ever get it started again without either replacing the DESS Module & possibly also the DESS Antenna; or getting the DESS Module turned off!

Ride safe & be very careful when filling up from cans with the engine running. Good Luck!
That's what I was thinking as well, hence the need to carry a couple of extra cans of gas. I normally get about 180 miles comfortably and can push it to 200 if I drive really nice at 55 to 60mph. So to get that 260 miles, I'll definitely need to be able to fill up without shutting it down.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

klc