Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Axle Plug and Rust treatment Information for Can Am Ryker

This is my first time posting something so please forgive any mistakes. Home Depot sells plugs (Stoppers) that fit into the Ryker front and rear axles. The brand name is Everbilt. For the front wheels you will need part number 755 651 (1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 in). This for the outside. For the inside (or back of the wheel) you will need part number 755 780. The rear wheel only needs one plug which is part number 755 651. So you would need a total of five pugs (Stoppers). Now for rust in the axles. Loctite sells a Rust Treatment Neutralizer that turns rust black. This is not a rust preventer only a neutralizer. It will take two to three coats for the rust to turn black. (follow instructions on the label) You can then paint or leave as is. If you do not have rust in the axles then wipe them out with a oiled rag and plug them. As I said before this my first time posting. I will attempt to attach pictures to this post so you can see what the plugs look like on the wheel. Wish me luck. Correction: The above numbers are not part numbers they are Store SKU numbers. When searching for the plugs on the Home Depot web site you have to list the following. Everbilt 1-7/16 in x 1-3/16 Black Rubber Stopper. Everbilt 1-5/8 in x 1-5/16 in Black Rubber Stopper.
    Last edited by Earp; 03-17-2020 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Incorrect Part Numbers