Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Mirrors

Do they still have the same worthless clips as previous years.

Spyder Garage

No, it is totally different. Somewhat similar to the F3Ltd.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    No, it is totally different. Somewhat similar to the F3Ltd.
    The trouble there, Rick, is that the F3 Ltd clips were the ones that were pretty worthless, allowing the mirror covers to fall off frequently. If they have kept that same fastening system, they have sent the RT backwards

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    The trouble there, Rick, is that the F3 Ltd clips were the ones that were pretty worthless, allowing the mirror covers to fall off frequently. If they have kept that same fastening system, they have sent the RT backwards

Pete
    … at least the RT mirror posts could be easily changed to the magnet system which is " bullet proof " …. jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Today, I saw the inside of the 2020 RTL mirrors. They look like the old ST mirrors and have the same three posts that the old RTs have, just smaller overall. One it hangs on and two that snap in through the two metal bands. The magic mirrors might work. We just need someone to try them.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Today, I saw the inside of the 2020 RTL mirrors. The magic mirrors might work. We just need someone to try them.
    Here's what I suggest. If someone gives me a new 2020 RTL, I'll be the guinea pig and try the Magic Mirrors. Deal?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Pete
    Looking at the parts diagrams it looks like the Australia machines have a different mirror configuration than everyone else. Looks like they have the same round head studs we're used to seeing but they're on the mirror, not the body. I guess we'll have to wait for someone to look at an actual 2020 RT to know for sure.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Looks like they have the same round head studs we're used to seeing but they're on the mirror, not the body. I guess we'll have to wait for someone to look at an actual 2020 RT to know for sure.
    Correct. The studs are on the mirror. The metal clips are on the body. The top stud goes into a hole and drops down. The other two studs snap into the metal clips.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I noticed yesterday after 600 miles my right mirror vibrates quite a bit while stopped with the machine running. Not an issue on the left side. Need to investigate further. Maybe the wedgies would work on the new RT as well.
    2020 RT Limited , ASPHALT GREY METALLIC - DARK EDITION

Spyder Garage

Could someone who has a new 2020 RT post pics of what Both sides of the mirror attachment actually looks like ….. there are quite a few DIY'ers who have shown their talents here on this site, and might come up with something that might improve them …… Thanks ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

I have bruised several fingers and spoken many choice words while trying to remount F3 Ltd mirrors. I can't believe BRP would think that design is worth continuing because it just makes maintenance very difficult. In all cases, I wish the engineers would simplify the design. Also interested in seeing pictures of the actual 2020 RT mirrors. However they are, I expect Lamonster or Spyderpops will have a great solution to ease the troubles.

Spyder Garage

Actually, we need some “elaboration” from the OP, Alberts46. Rereading his post, I realise I made an assumption, as he doesn’t actually mention a model, so it is unclear whether he is referring to a 2020 RT, F3 or even a Ryker . It is also unclear whether he is referring to mirror body clips, or the mirror cover clips which the F3 Touring models have, and which appear to be on the 2020RT. Without knowing this we could send the thread down all sorts of rat holes......but surely that wouldn’t happen on here. . So please elaborate for us, Albert.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

2020 rt

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Without knowing this we could send the thread down all sorts of rat holes......but surely that wouldn’t happen on here.
    There's no rat hole big enough to swallow some of the threads that have been generated here!!!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts46 View Post
    2020 rt
    Thanks Albert....and you were referring to the three clips that hold the mirror cover on? Hopefully CanAm have indeed improved on that design if that is what they have used on the 2020 RT as it was/is a shocker with the number of covers on both old and new bikes that were simply falling off when you hit any kind of bump.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Here is what the diagram looks like in the shop manual.

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 5.50.42 AM.jpg

I hope someone offers a magnetic upgrade and my left mirror vibrates at higher speeds, while the right one does not.

Rob

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post

I hope someone offers a magnetic upgrade and my left mirror vibrates at higher speeds, while the right one does not.

Rob
    Same here. The 2020 RT left mirror vibrates average to higher speeds, while the right doesn’t. Was wondering if Joe and Ann’s wedgie might work here. And I would love Wide View Mirrors like the ‘14 RT had.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post

Rob
    Thanks ..... now we need to see the BODY side ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ZWx8W0Ixs

It shows the mirrors on the F3 Limited. Those are the same mirrors on the 2020 RTL.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ZWx8W0Ixs

It shows the mirrors on the F3 Limited. Those are the same mirrors on the 2020 RTL.
    Thanks, I think a slightly modified Magnet system could work ..... I'll have to go to a Dealership and examine those parts closely ( and take pics ).... I believe this is doable ..... Mike .... PS if anyone in Vt. has a 2020 RT that I can examine - my first set will be free to them ..... 05660
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-14-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Thanks, I think a slightly modified Magnet system could work ..... I'll have to go to a Dealership and examine those parts closely ( and take pics ).... I believe this is doable ..... Mike .... PS if anyone in Vt. has a 2020 RT that I can examine - my first set will be free to them ..... 05660
    Yeah, many F3L riders are using double sided tape, Mike, and that seems to work. A magnet system would be much more elegant and would probably be in good demand

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Mike, this is what I believe Albert is referring to. I’m sure he’ll correct me if I have it wrong. The cover that goes over the front of the F3 (and apparently the 2020RT) is held on by 3 clips. One on the far right, and one top and bottom on the left. These have questionable holding power and can fall off.

I have attached a photo from the front of the mirror assembly showing the clips, and one of the inside of the mirror cover. You can see the double sided tape I have applied that appears to hold it quite firmly, but is not an ideal solution.

Pete
    6BBC898F-7D28-4B48-94E9-A60625E598F2.jpg
    EE4A350E-792B-4AAF-9249-EF135C3A3067.jpg
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mike, this is what I believe Albert is referring to. I’m sure he’ll correct me if I have it wrong. The cover that goes over the front of the F3 (and apparently the 2020RT) is held on by 3 clips. One on the far right, and one top and bottom on the left. These have questionable holding power and can fall off.

I have attached a photo from the front of the mirror assembly showing the clips, and one of the inside of the mirror cover. You can see the double sided tape I have applied that appears to hold it quite firmly, but is not an ideal solution.

Pete
    6BBC898F-7D28-4B48-94E9-A60625E598F2.jpg
    EE4A350E-792B-4AAF-9249-EF135C3A3067.jpg
    Pete
    I used a Zip tie to ensure the mirror cover remained in place
    If I want to remove them I just snip the zip tie off and use a new one when refitting the mirror covers back on

See - https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-temporary-Fix
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    Pete
    I used a Zip tie to ensure the mirror cover remained in place
    If I want to remove them I just snip the zip tie off and use a new one when refitting the mirror covers back on
    Clever idea, Eddie . I still think a bit of double sided tape is even easier though. No need to drill, no need to snip and rethread, just replace a bit of tape if it has lost its adhesion.....and mine hasn’t after half a dozen remove and replaces.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, many F3L riders are using double sided tape, Mike, and that seems to work. A magnet system would be much more elegant and would probably be in good demand

Pete
    Pete's right. Double side stick tape. Maybe $.50 cents worth each side does the trick. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL