Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3 Limited rear shock adjustment

Ok everyone, I have searched this forum and the internet and reviewed my manual and I can not find out if my rear shock is adjustable. hit a couple of bad places in the road the other day with the wife onboard and the rear shock bottomed out. I need to address this if it is something I can adjust myself.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acpd22 View Post
    Ok everyone, I have searched this forum and the internet and reviewed my manual and I can not find out if my rear shock is adjustable. hit a couple of bad places in the road the other day with the wife onboard and the rear shock bottomed out. I need to address this if it is something I can adjust myself.
    Under the rear seat is your air valve for adjusting the rear shock air pressure. Page 51 of your Operators Guide.....Adjusting Suspension.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Air bag adjustment under the passenger seat. I set mine to about 50lbs with the wife aboard.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks!

I guess I need a thesaurus for the manual. I downloaded the electronic version and did a search for "shock" instead of "suspension", lol. I weigh about 230 and the wife is around 175 ( don't tell her i posted that) what would be a good general pressure. The chart in the manual doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but on the other hand I have had a few drinks tonite (not planning on driving/riding).

Spyder Garage

I guess I need a thesaurus for the manual. I downloaded the electronic version and did a search for "shock" instead of "suspension", lol. I weigh about 230 and the wife is around 175 ( don't tell her i posted that) what would be a good general pressure. The chart in the manual doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but on the other hand I have had a few drinks tonite (not planning on driving/riding).
    Have one for me! I find that 45psi works for me at 310lbs, and I usually run around 55psi when 2 up (around 440lbs). I'd go for around 55 psi to start and adjust from there. You only need a mini hand pump to make upward adjustments) Mind you, the manual says you should be running at 70psi for 400lbs. Make sure you check your pressure once a week or so, as they can lose pressure (not that I have experienced it yet, but others have).
    I know what you mean about the online manual, but didn't you get the A5 Operators Guide?
    Last edited by Peteoz; 11-20-2016 at 12:00 AM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Cool yep

I did get the paper manual but is it like 30 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now and it is on the bike. I need wax paper for my candy *ss, lol!

Spyder Garage

I did get the paper manual but is it like 30 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now and it is on the bike. I need wax paper for my candy *ss, lol!
    Hahaha.....yeah, it's 30 here, too.......oh..... Fahrenheit
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3 Limited rear shock adjustment

I keep my air pressure about 30lbs riding solo and never have bottomed out. I use a bicycle floor pump and it only needs a couple of strokes. I check about once a week as pressure drops about 10%. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Curious. ....

I know there were problem in the early models of the F3 and the shocks were not adjustable. The offered a better shock and some needed a frame re-inforcement. This may have been all cleared up but do all the models for the F3 now have the air bag...? did not see what model the OP has only F3...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I thought the upgraded F3 Limited rear shock was part # 219400739. My dealer stated that this part does not fit my bike. i guess I will need a very expensive rear shock or deal with sometimes bottom down.

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I know there were problem in the early models of the F3 and the shocks were not adjustable. The offered a better shock and some needed a frame re-inforcement. This may have been all cleared up but do all the models for the F3 now have the air bag...? did not see what model the OP has only F3...
    His initial post heading says F3 Limited, Gene.........

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Bike pump

Quote Originally Posted by papanorm View Post
    I keep my air pressure about 30lbs riding solo and never have bottomed out. I use a bicycle floor pump and it only needs a couple of strokes. I check about once a week as pressure drops about 10%. Cheers!
    Floor pumps are a bit big to to carry with me, Norm (just in case) ...I carry something like this -
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bike-Bicy...0AAOSwB09YLT0E

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ooops...!! Missed that...may have thought it was limited adjustment lol...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Ooops...!! Missed that...may have thought it was limited adjustment lol...
    Hahaha......yep.......been there, done that !
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Floor pumps are a bit big to to carry with me, Norm (just in case) ...I carry something like this -
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bike-Bicy...0AAOSwB09YLT0E

Pete
    Good thinking Pete!

2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wengerda View Post
    I thought the upgraded F3 Limited rear shock was part # 219400739. My dealer stated that this part does not fit my bike. i guess I will need a very expensive rear shock or deal with sometimes bottom down.
    Limited have an air compressor and are automatically adjusted via ride height sensor
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

If you have a Limited F3, your rear airbag is automatically adjusted via Ride Height Sensor. the shock is just a coilover shock.
    If your air bag is not working, you have a warranty issue
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I hope you don't mind if I piggy back this thread... Rider sensor hieght??? How does it sense that? I bottom out with my 2018 F3 limited.... People call me short but according to my weight I should be 6 feet tall... Dealer had no problems when they looked into my shock issue....