Thread: GIVI Windshield

Spyder Garage

Default GIVI Windshield

What do some of you think about the GIVI windshied, and where do I get more info on it?? 5'5" rider with 30" inseam. what say you?

Spyder Garage

I have one of course it is way better than stock however it still lets a lot of wind hit you. The best thing about it is it looks like it belongs on the Spyder. I'm 5.8 and it moved the blast of wind from my chest to the top of my head however if you run fast enough it goes over you.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Same here at 5'7". I love it and it is cheap, about $130.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

5'-10" here. I got Givi to replace BRP tour shield and the Givi gave me just enough of what I was looking for in terms of cutting down the blast. Still some near the top of the helmet, but since I wear full face, it works great for me. For me, it is just the right combination of form and function and at $130, it's hard to beat. Any taller than 5'-10" and it probably doesn't work.

Spyder Garage

Default GIVI windshield

Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post
    5'-10" here. I got Givi to replace BRP tour shield and the Givi gave me just enough of what I was looking for in terms of cutting down the blast. Still some near the top of the helmet, but since I wear full face, it works great for me. For me, it is just the right combination of form and function and at $130, it's hard to beat. Any taller than 5'-10" and it probably doesn't work.
    Where exactly are you guys buying your windshields?? can you give me a web sight
    Last edited by mcguire1511; 07-29-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Givi Windshield

I accidently bought a Givi Windshield when I ordered my Givi Topcase, it and the case mounting bracket were the same price and I didn't realize my mistake until the windshield showed up with the top case, and not the bracket. I like the Givi for the summer, the wind hits me square in the face, but I like lots of ventilation! I am 6'0". It looks good on the spyder too. I plan on getting either a CHAD or XL CalSci for my winter screen. I got it at sporttour.com for about $126.00
    Pat
    Cal Sci XL Windscreen; Widow Highway Pegs; Mirror Extenders; 1" handlebar riser; Hindle exhaust; Corbin Seat, Givi top case, Street Magic HID headlights, 12v power thingy in trunk, NMN Triple Play, Tom Tom Rider 2 GPS, Corbin rear fender, so far
    and A Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire1511 View Post
    Where exactly are you guys buying your windshiels?? can you give me a web sight
    WWW.sporttour.com

Click on Givi Cases, click on fitment line, click on Can Am and it should come up on the chart as D770ST for $126.

Spyder Garage

any picture of GIVI windshield instaled on Spyder? Thanks
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Here is a photo of the Givi shield and my oldest Grandson on the Spyder. Both look really nice on it.

Spyder Garage

Default GIVI windshield

Just wandering, what size it that windshield?? The site doesn't give any pictures or sizes. Is there any other sites with more info??.............Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BRPjunkie View Post

Here is a photo of the Givi shield and my oldest Grandson on the Spyder. Both look really nice on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Givi is 22-1/2" tall and about 19" wide. Type Givi shield in the search box and you will find several threads with more info.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcguire1511 View Post
    What do some of you think about the GIVI windshied, and where do I get more info on it?? 5'5" rider with 30" inseam. what say you?
    I'm about 5'8" and the Givi has been a good alternative to the stock shield for me. But I just upgraded to the BRP comfort seat which must be just a little taller--just enough to put a bit more of the top of my helmet into the wind and create a little more wind noise. Hopefully the seat foam will settle in after putting some miles on the seat and drop my head back down to where it was.
    The Givi is a great choice and looks fantastic on the bike but it's definitely not for tall people.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnkc View Post
    I'm about 5'8" and the Givi has been a good alternative to the stock shield for me. But I just upgraded to the BRP comfort seat which must be just a little taller--just enough to put a bit more of the top of my helmet into the wind and create a little more wind noise. Hopefully the seat foam will settle in after putting some miles on the seat and drop my head back down to where it was.
    The Givi is a great choice and looks fantastic on the bike but it's definitely not for tall people.
    Sorry to jack the thread mcguire 1511, but I just noticed gnkc's "other bikes." Do you have any pics you can post of those old Hondas gnkc? The 305 Dream in particular was a very cool little machine.

Thanks,

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    Sorry to jack the thread mcguire 1511, but I just noticed gnkc's "other bikes." Do you have any pics you can post of those old Hondas gnkc? The 305 Dream in particular was a very cool little machine.

Thanks,

Bruce
    Have never had much luck uploading to this board but here goes...
    I bought the bike about two years ago. It runs (and sounds) like a sewing machine but it looked terrible. I spent two months cleaning it and replacing a few parts; redid the saddlebags. I used Bleech White and a toothbrush to clean the engine. The black paint has a few scuffs but it's completely original. The 305 is a classic; I fell in love with the flared fenders, but you have to anticipate your stops--the drum brakes are kinda weak!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnkc View Post
    Have never had much luck uploading to this board but here goes...
    I bought the bike about two years ago. It runs (and sounds) like a sewing machine but it looked terrible. I spent two months cleaning it and replacing a few parts; redid the saddlebags. I used Bleech White and a toothbrush to clean the engine. The black paint has a few scuffs but it's completely original. The 305 is a classic; I fell in love with the flared fenders, but you have to anticipate your stops--the drum brakes are kinda weak!!
    Beautiful! Thank you for posting these pics. It looks like it came off the showroom floor.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Beautiful! Thank you for posting these pics. It looks like it came off the showroom floor.

Bruce
    Agreed! I had one of those back in the 60's (oops, I'm only 29) and it was a great bike.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Agreed! I had one of those back in the 60's (oops, I'm only 29) and it was a great bike.

We're almost the same age! Of course, my odometer stopped at 28 and has now gone around again already...
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)

Spyder Garage

Thanks,

Bruce
    I suppose now I am going to have to finish one of my Dreams for you, so you can come over and ride it. Seriously, Bruce, if you are ever in the neighborhood... I had listed the toys on a thread here a long time ago, but there are pictures in my album.
    "You meet the nicest people on a Honda."
    SpyderLovers aren't so bad, either!!!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not a bad looking shield for $130.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I suppose now I am going to have to finish one of my Dreams for you, so you can come over and ride it. Seriously, Bruce, if you are ever in the neighborhood... I had listed the toys on a thread here a long time ago, but there are pictures in my album.
    "You meet the nicest people on a Honda."
    SpyderLovers aren't so bad, either!!!
    Thanks Scotty! One of these days I will make it to your neighbourhood. I really do want to see your collection and visit with you.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Like my Givi too, and it is the best looking shield IMO.

I am 5"10" and a bit too tall for total wind protection. For a rider 5'8" or less it would be perfect I think. Looks, Price, Function!