Spyder Garage

Default How can I confirm s/ware updates on Pre-purchase checklist were done?

Did a search and I didn't find what I was looking for.

My new F3 included a prepurchase checklist in the paperwork that came with it.

Unsurprisingly, the list is pristine, with no indication that it was ever looked at and certainly none of the items where 'checked off' by the dealership.

One of the items indicates that the Spyder should have all of the subsystems updated with the latest firmware, or something to that effect.

How do I know if this was done? Is there a method to check the versions of these updates and compare them to what the latest versions are?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-26-2024 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Expanded title to briefly ask the question... ;-)
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series.
    2023 F3 Ltd SS , Mineral Blue / Carbon Black

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would ask your Dealer to check the Bike and then get a printed copy of the report. I hope the Spyder Dealer is helpful in doing this request for you.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    I would ask your Dealer to check the Bike and then get a printed copy of the report. I hope the Spyder Dealer is helpful in doing this request for you.
    It's the dealer that I have an issue with, that's why I'm asking the question. I don't trust them at all.

Spyder Garage

When updates are done, it requires that BUDS be employed. The BUDS system automatically records and saves the information and can easily be retrieved. Should be a piece of cake for a dealership to provide you with the documentation you are looking for. Honestly, they should have provided this with the sale of the machine. Though I'm not saying this is typically done.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    When updates are done, it requires that BUDS be employed. The BUDS system automatically records and saves the information and can easily be retrieved. Should be a piece of cake for a dealership to provide you with the documentation you are looking for. Honestly, they should have provided this with the sale of the machine. Though I'm not saying this is typically done.
    I'll attempt to contact the service manager from this dealership. I'll ask him if any of these updates were done and if so, can I please see the documentation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Albec View Post
    I'll attempt to contact the service manager from this dealership. I'll ask him if any of these updates were done and if so, can I please see the documentation.
    Sounds like we had the same dealer.

I do not trust the dealer that I purchased mine from and will never step foot back into their door. Good luck, they will tell you anything.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Sounds like we had the same dealer.

I do not trust the dealer that I purchased mine from and will never step foot back into their door. Good luck, they will tell you anything.
    Perhaps we did. You're in GA though...

See this post of mine on my initial experience with my new F3 and the dealership. The real fun starts at post #13.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...r-s-inspection

Spyder Garage

look on your display and see what the latest update is. Then post it here and it can then be compared to what others have.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    look on your display and see what the latest update is. Then post it here and it can then be compared to what others have.
    Where exactly can I find the info on this update? Just turn the machine on and it's there? I don't recall seeing anything like that. It's all pretty new to me still so...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Albec View Post
    Perhaps we did. You're in GA though...

See this post of mine on my initial experience with my new F3 and the dealership. The real fun starts at post #13.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...r-s-inspection
    I still think that both your and my dealership at least had the same training, meaning = NONE, we just sell them then wipe our hands of you.
    Your post # 13 was almost my experience to a T.

Can-Am really should do better at handing out dealerships and make sure that they have trained personnel to handle things. But it's all about money.

While I'm not familiar with the F3 on my RTL I can go to settings and scroll through there to find everything, and it gives me the version of the software.
    Last edited by K80Shooter; Today at 01:00 PM.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue