Threaded View

Spyder Garage

A couple weeks ago I installed Ikon shocks (front only) and tires all around on both RT's. Rear tire 215/60R-15 GENERAL ALTIMAX RT45 SL, fronts 175/55R-15 Vredestein Quatrac SL. I purchased the tires from Tirerack and had the tire mounted and balanced at Les Schwab. I dropped them off, my wife picked them up. Prior to mounting everything up, I noticed the rear wheels had the original wheel weights still installed. I gave the LS a call and they told me that there is no way to balance those wheels/tires on their machine, would have been good to know at the get go.
    I did some research and purchased a balancing stand and some wheel weights on-line. The rod that comes with it has cones for centering the wheel held in place with a set screw, way too much play caused the wheel to be off center. Fortunately, the axle fit in-between the bearings on the stand after a little grinder action to get the job done.

Oh, we replaced the AGM batteries with Noco LiPo batteries too.

The tires are great, the shocks feel really good. We are very satisfied with both additions. I really appreciate all the feedback on the forum, the difference in handling with the "recommended" tires is night and day from the Kenda's.

Ken
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-25-2024 at 03:12 AM.