Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1882
    Spyder Garage

Added 3 ft fat LED whips to the sides of my double-FLIR-case top box and wired them to also be turn signals and brake lights. The single run-turn-brake light on the F3 is nice, but under the luggage rack and top box, it doesn't catch one's attention like I want to ensure people can't say, "I didn't see your brake lights." or "I didn't know you were turning. I don't know if I'll run any particular color scheme or pattern otherwise, but people will definitely know now if I'm turning or stopping . . .

Spyder Garage

Took my F3S out for a 30 mi ride. It is sunny and 47°. It started right up even though the cranking speed wasn't up to par. It was on a tender. I had it out in my unheated shed. It went into reverse ok, but I had a bit of a struggle getting it into 1st. I had to go between reverse and neutral a couple of times before it would go in 1st gear. Oil must've been thick and cold. Once engaged it ran great. Filled up with 87 octane 100% gas.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I went out yesterday it was about 50 deg. and Sunny to knock out a few "oddball" points that are around here on the Rever pass challenge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

I added a small (5") strip of LED's to the top of the Bump skid and tied them into added driving lights on my . Of course, one thing leads to another and one of the fog lights (the easy one) failed, so I bought some new ones from Amazon and installed that one.

All better now and a little extra visibility up front.

Lew L
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-07-2024 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Removed Post title - they mess with Searching! ;-)
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I haven't done anything but I did get word that the top case lights I ordered from SlingMods are on their way. Can't wait to get them on. The more lights, the better. Oh, and I'm still up in the air on painting my top case to match the color of the bike. But that'll wait until Spring if I decide to do that.

Spyder Garage

A 2 day project for Aesthetics & Safety

After leaving the house one night my wife commented that I need more lights, especially side lighting. I already changed the headlamps & fog lamps to LED.

I added undercarriage lights (which I leave on white although they look blue in the photos) and the trunk mounted running/brake/& turn signal light along with the brake light flasher.

Front fender lights & side bag lights soon to follow.

2014 Can Am Spyder RTL Chrome Edition

Led Headlights & Fog Lights
    Frunk Organizer
    Rear Trunk Organizer
    Painted Windshield Bracket Black with Chrome Spyder
    Leather Like Foam Hand Grips
    Handlebar Weights
    Plug N' Play Brake Light Flasher / Modulator Kit
    Trunk Mounted Run, Brake & Turn Signal LED Light Kit
    USB/Volt Meter
    2 - Airhawk - R-REVB Cruiser Motorcycle Seat Cushions
    Led Undercarriage Lights
    Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal
    Show Chrome - Chrome Handlebar Cover
    UltraGard Essential Half Cover
    Polished Stainless Steel License Plate Frame
    KEMIMOTO Motorcycle Bottle Holder
    Bluetooth 5.0 FM Transmitter
    Hopnel Trunk and Saddlebag Cargo Net System
    TackForm Center Mount Phone Holder
    Trunk Mount Dual Flag Holder
    High Way Pegs
    Baldwin Ironworks Cat By-pass
    K & N Air Filter
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts

Kenda Kanine Tires

Originally from Medina, Ohio
    Currently living in The Villages, Florida

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ZiggyF View Post
    A 2 day project for Aesthetics & Safety

After leaving the house one night my wife commented that I need more lights, especially side lighting. I already changed the headlamps & fog lamps to LED.

I added undercarriage lights (which I leave on white although they look blue in the photos) and the trunk mounted running/brake/& turn signal light along with the brake light flasher.

Front fender lights & side bag lights soon to follow.
    I like the light you have under your Spyder. You should be seen really good now.

Spyder Garage

Put her to bed for the next 2 months, while we travel for the next 6 weeks in our motorhome. Miss riding already.
    20231108_154028.jpg
    Last edited by Dasmoetorhead; 02-16-2024 at 03:51 PM.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard 76-97
    Shad bags
    Lamonsters 2.0 usb dual power plate
    F3 ultimate boards
    LED arc lights
    Lidlox helmet extender
    Lamonsters top cuff with Ram ball and phone holder.
    Lamonster billet sway bar end links
    BRP driver backrest
    LED Volt meter
    BIW Cat Delete pipe
    Route 129 windscreen
    2022 F3S , Monolith black

Spyder Garage

IMG_0022.jpg
    Added a Show Chrome rack to the tour trunk. Well made. Simple installation. However with the additional weight of the rack the lid will no longer stay open on its own. Guess we will be using a prop rod for awhile.

Anyone care to give a recommendation for a replacement lifter that can support the lid and unloaded rack?
    Last edited by Lee0123; 02-24-2024 at 11:37 AM.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

Get a 205/60R15 Vredestein Quatrac installed today
    Improvise, Adapt, Overcome, Semper Fi
    2020 RT
    Limited heated seats
    removable back rest & rack
    XK Glow light
    Paint with light painted panels
    (Gone but not forgotten ) 2009 RS SE5
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lee0123 View Post
    IMG_0022.jpg
    Added a Show Chrome rack to the tour trunk. Well made. Simple installation. However with the additional weight of the rack the lid will no longer stay open on its own. Guess we will be using a prop rod for awhile.

Anyone care to give a recommendation for a replacement lifter that can support the lid and unloaded rack?
    The Show Chrome strut has no problem keeping the lid up with my large Spyders Extra luggage rack installed.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Last weekend I removed the cover from the Spyder and moved the bike over into a good working space to R&R the front tires. I needed to reposition some wiring connectors that I'd left exposed a few months ago when I installed the fender light kits. I was hoping that I'd be able to do this by taking the screws out of the fenders and lifting them up just enough to disconnect and tuck the connectors back into the gap behind the finder bracket, and it worked out perfectly. While I had the left side tire off, I moved the battery tender cable from the frunk over over to the left side of the frame and zip-tied it to a couple of wiring harnesses, positioning the plug in a manner that it can be reached from behind the left tire.

Today I installed the Show Chrome FormFusion Trunk Light kit, and I've gotta tell ya, that the installation instruction video that Pierre posted on his website was absolutely perfect! I don't know that I've ever seen a more accurate or comprehensive instructional video. The plug and play cable connector was definitely money well spent too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPk5Kv8n6rl

The lights are substantial and there's a look and feel of true quality. However, I'm a little concerned about the durability of the adhesive. I followed the video instructions but added the use of the adhesive primer that was in the kit but not mentioned in the video. While I was installing the 2nd light, I needed to remove and reposition it slightly. i had about 3 inches of the tape pressed onto the upper case cover and when I pulled the light back off, the adhesive tape separated from the light kit. It became a bit of a challenge to get the tape to stick back onto the waffle cone surface of the light, but I managed that by reinstalling the 3M plastic sheet back over the outer side of the adhesive and pressing it back onto the light. Crossing my fingers that the there's enough surface area on the light to hold it all in place. It was quite surprising to see that the tape wasn't adhered to more than just the raised edges of the waffle shaped ridges.

The LED lights are plenty bright! The tail/brake lights are separate from the sequential turn signals and the added lights are eye catching for sure.

Lastly I remounted the flag posts onto the upper case, and also replaced the OEM brake pedal for the extended length pedal from ShowChrome. Then I wiped all the surfaces down and put her back in her parking place for a few more weeks.

The next project will be installing the ST2 brake light modules as well as saddle bag lights. My wife and I will be taking the two day Motorcycle Safety Foundation driving course next weekend down in northern Kentucky. Pulled our helmets out and made sure the Cardo Freedom 4X intercoms were synced up and working.

We're getting excited for riding season!
    Last edited by Poppie65; 03-02-2024 at 09:32 PM. Reason: video URL edit
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

Installed a Baja Ron Ultra sway bar and Spyder Extras tubular front bumper.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Still not quite ready to ride due to shoulder surgery and still a little chilly in Northern Arizona. But I did take the Garmin XT into the house and updated both the firmware and the maps to the latest versions. I also updated my Sena 50S. I tried to update my wife's 20R EVO but the USB cord for it must only be for charging as my Mac did not recognize it. So I will get a new cable and try again. Due to a large home expense that we had not planned on we will probably not be doing our normal 2 week bike trip, but will have to settle for shorter (1 and 2 day) trips.
    Last edited by rjinaz86323; 03-03-2024 at 12:35 PM.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Installed a Baja Ron Ultra sway bar and Spyder Extras tubular front bumper.
    I'm very interested in both of these options. How do you like the look of the bumper? Can you feel a difference in the ride with the new sway bar?
    2023 S2S
    Shoei RF-1400 Helmets
    Cardo Freedom 4x comms

Both riders USMC vets
    2023 Sea to Sky , Green Shadow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poppie65 View Post
    I'm very interested in both of these options. How do you like the look of the bumper? Can you feel a difference in the ride with the new sway bar?
    I like the looks of the tubular bar. Haven't yet taken the Spyder out since yesterday's install. I expect good things, just as I had on my F3S.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Installed LED lights on the right front fender. Sequential turn signals on the arch of the fender and running lights / turns signals down low on the back of the fender. Tested them for function (worked as designed). Will reinstall fender tomorrow and then do the left front fender.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT

Spyder Garage

Added more chrome pieces to my 2018 RTL Asphalt Grey dark Spyder. Got one more shiny piece coming, the muffler heat shield.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Mine is still on the battery maintainer.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Put a new rear tire on the wife's F3S. And when I pulled the wheel, I discovered it needed brake pads also.

BajaRon got them shipped quickly and I got it done this morning.

Followed his great instructions to a T. And after I had ordered them, I found the tool that he sells for screwing the piston in, and didn't want to order and wait, so I made one.

Big thanks for all the useful info on here, without it, it would've been a lot harder since I've never worked on a Spyder before. I do all my own work on my old Harleys, but this is a whole different ball game. All in all, it went well.

And I was able to put it up on my harbor freight lift table. Came up with the idea of putting it on my homemade ramps, then rolling the lift in under and two sets of blocking. Worked great!

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-10-2024 at 11:35 AM.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

I miss the good old days. Things were more like they used to be back then!

Spyder Garage

I do not have pictures, sorry. But, I added a set of Ultimate Floorboards and a set of Top Cuff Bug Eye(?) mirrors from Lamonster! Took it out for a 2-mile shakedown ryde after taking Nugget off the Winter dollies here in Maine. I like each addition very much. The F3 is becoming more mine. Now if someone would just buy the 2013 RT!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-10-2024 at 06:34 PM.
    2021 F3 Limited. 2013 RT Limited.

Spyder Garage

Mine is still on a battery maintainer until next month.

Then I'll wake up the spyder from its long winter nap.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Today I took the cover off my RT.
    I has been on my BigBlue lift for the winter and all wheells suspended about an inch off the garage floor.
    The batttery has been on maintanance charger all winter and the motor started after a second use of the button
    No fault messages and everything functioning perfectly.
    All that is left is to check air in the tyres and give it a hose down and a polish.

Ride safely all.
    Brgds Martin

First Spyder: RS 2008 Yellow&Black - Current: 2012 Spyder RTS Magnesium, bought new from dealer in 2015.

Spyder Garage

Finished up installing the LED lights on the front left fender of the RT. Need to take it for a ride soon.
    Lee B
    2022 Can Am RT Limited
    2021 Honda NC750X DCT