Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

ARtraveler, good advice. I did the same thing and now it's where and when are we going for a ride. Looking into cold weather gear. Good luck to you.
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    ARtraveler, good advice. I did the same thing and now it's where and when are we going for a ride. Looking into cold weather gear. Good luck to you.
    RE: Cold weather gear. You might check into Firstgear or similar. They have the textile stuff and it comes with winter liners. For us, the liners go in at about 40 degrees. They are good for as low as you might want to ride. She stops at 30 degrees and me about 20 degrees. Don't need to go in below zero any more. Good winter rated gauntlet gloves. Riding boots with wool socks. A balaclava for inside the helmet. You will be like the Michelin Man....but will be warm and comfortable on the rides.

UNHIJACK: ON

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

A problem my wife had on the twisty roads was not being able to see them. So, when I had to hit a sharp turn it would surprise her and scare her. I got her a memory foam cushion (a $25 office chair cushion at Costco). This raised her up enough so she could see over my shoulder and anticipate the curves. She is much happier and comfortable now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Nothing like heated gear. I wear heated jacket and gloves I am good for 10*F about 3 to 4 hours of riding before stoping for hot chocolate.