Thread: Throttle Rocker

Spyder Garage

Default Throttle Rocker

What brand of "Throttle Rocker" best mates up with the RT-Limited heated grips, or should I even bother? Mr. Arthur Itis is my constant riding companion who always shows up after about 2 hours. I do not find Cruise Control appropriate for riding back roads. Yes, I am "long in the tooth".

Spyder Garage

I have the "original" branded Throttle Rocker on mine, and don't really care for it. The spring rate on the throttle is too light for me, and I find myself leaning on it a bit more than I should and speeding up. Also, sometimes when coming to a stop, I'll be on it a bit much and slightly revving the engine so I'm fighting the brakes. I push it out of the way for the most part thinking maybe I'll try it again sometime, but haven't done it yet. I don't use the CC much if at all.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

I have an original Crampbuster, the wide Crampbuster and an original (no velcro) Throttle Rocker. Had the Throttle Rocker on the Harley, Gloria had the long and narrow vesrion of the Crpambuster on her VW trike, and I had the wide Crampbuster on the Triumph Bonneville. When we downsized to just the Spyder RTS and the Triumph Bnneville T100 I put the Throttle Rocker on the Trumpet, and I tried the Crampbusters on the RTS. Didn't like them much, remembered I was given a throttle spoon some time ago, so I dug it up and it works great for me. It is a metal band with a wooden spoon portion that hinges so it can swing right against the grip, completly away from the grip or anywhere in between. No idea who made it, can't find it on the web, and there are no markings on it. Would be nice to find another one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    I have an original Crampbuster, the wide Crampbuster and an original Throttle Rocker. Had the Throttle Rocker on the Harley, Gloria had the long and narrow vesrion of the Crpambuster on her VW trike, and I had the wide Crampbuster on the Triumph Bonneville. When we downsized to just the Spyder RTS and the Triumph Bnneville T100 I put the Throttle Rocker on the Trumpet, and I tried the Crampbusters on the RTS. Didn't like them much, remembered I was given a throttle spoon some time ago, so I dug it up and it works great for me. It is a metal band with a wooden spoon portion that hinges so it can swing right against the grip, completly away from the grip or anywhere in between. No idea who made it, can't find it on the web, and there are no markings on it. Would be nice to find another one.
    The one in the pictures is the one my wife has on her bike and she really likes that it folds out of the way when not in use. She has arthritic hands. I don't remember where I got it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I had the wide crampbuster but it got in the way so I went with the smaller one and it works fine

narrow crampbuster.jpg
    2016 RT Limited , stock yes red

Spyder Garage

I had the wide crampbuster. Didn't like it. I have the original throttle rocker. Fits in palm good. Wouldn't ride without it now.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by glorybiz View Post
    I had the wide crampbuster but it got in the way so I went with the smaller one and it works fine

narrow crampbuster.jpg
    have this one and love it
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO